• Last visited

• Days Won

Slappy Mc last won the day on November 5 2023

Slappy Mc had the most liked content!

Favorites

• NFL Team
    Washington Redskins

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

Slappy Mc's Achievements

1. The future is bright man. Can't believe in the past 2 years we got rid of an incompetent staff and owner and we are looking at a potentially well run organization for the first time in over 30 years.
  2. Hey Josh. I miss you and Dabs in the Washington Forum. I have to come visit you guys here.
  3. I'll be the first to say this was an overdraft and was appreciated. I'll pull my weight, Captain!
  4. To each their own. I think Jordan Travis will be a very successful QB eventually, but I'm not rooting for him. I guess thats one good thing about not having a favorite college football team so I don't get too attached to a player or their success if they aren't drafted by the Washington Franchise. The last QB I was pulling for was Jake Locker since he went to High School like 30 minutes away from where I went. He was kind of the local success story.
  5. And have been the death-knell for many QBs for decades. We cannot act like the bust rate isn't significantly higher than the success rates. If you aren't fundamentally sound, you won't be successful. At the end of the day, Maye is a Patriot now. If anyone wants to root for him they still can, I have no attachment and if he fails, I won't lose any sleep. The only reason I entertained the idea of him is because it was a possibility that he would be here.
  6. Unfortunately they did discuss it. But the way you described it is how my understanding went as well. Even though there were/are significant Maye supporters here, he was viewed as QB4 (or lower) by the F.O.
  7. I understand, but there was zero chance of him getting drafted by us with Daniels available. It wasn't close between Daniels and McCarthy. It was 2. Daniels---------3. McCarthy, not 2. Daniels - 3. McCarthy. They wanted the other QBs to show them something to change their minds and none of them did. *Fixing for semantic reasons as Caleb was clearly the #1 QB on all lists.
  8. Minnesota got a guy they targeted to be "the future," not the now. There is nothing wrong with what they did. McCarthy was devalued by Washington (and other teams) because they have a need NOW. Its a matter of what the drafting team needs. KOC is a good QB groomer, I think McCarthy will do well when he gets his chance.
  9. I think Maye fans are underselling how much his footwork is an issue. I'm not sold on any of the QB prospects, but for as much as Maye has the big arm and prototypical size, his footwork and inability to get off his first read was a BIG red flag. The same way you guys viewed Jayden Daniels durability as a red flag, Maye's footwork is going to take a lot of work. I question whether he will ever be able to read defense and not lock onto his first read. The Patriots clearly didn't have concerns about that and good on them. I am very glad we didn't select McCarthy. I don't think he is a 1st round QB.
  10. https://www.nfl.com/news/2024-nfl-draft-my-five-favorite-hauls-and-one-head-scratching-class
  11. They very well could be. However the F.O. that we are trusting to reshape the franchise gave him a 3 year 16M deal. Whether you take any poster's word for it or not, the decision makers believe he has potential. The contract length and value also is a reason that interior O-Line wasn't super high on the draft boards, IMO.
  12. https://www.pff.com/nfl/players/conor-mcdermott/11966 Patriots just cut this guy. Any interest?
  13. Not disputing any of this. Just want to point out JaTavion Sanders was still my second ranked TE and he could have been picked with 100 instead of McCaffree. Not upset with the way it ended up, but I do understand how Lavar feels. It's really hard to look at the Tackle positions and feel comfortable with Coleman being the solution. We have complained for years about TE and maybe you can sell that Sinnott is a pretty decent blocker as well and that could help, but our weakest positions on offense are definitely Tackles.
  14. For sure, how does that fix our OTs though? Also having just spent money on both Allegretti and Biadasz, the immediate return on investment would be less than Newton, IMO. If we didn't go Newton at 36, I would have preferred Kool-Aid, Cooper or Edgerrin. I don't think any offensive player was high enough ranked at that point. The pick I think they got too cute on, IMO was Ben Sinnott at 53. They should have gone OT there and then gone TE at 67. Four OTs went between 53 and 67. Zero TEs went in that same span. They then reached for Coleman and called him an OT. Hindsight being 20/20, but we could have ended up with Kool-Aid at 36, Sainristil at 50, and Paul/Fisher/Rosengarten/Suamataia at 53 if they didn't take Newton, but I still like the value for Newton. Depending on if Sinnott goes in between 53 and 67, maybe you even get him at 67.