FOOTBALL IS BACK - Preseason Week 1: Jacksonville Jaguars @ New Orleans Saints

.Buzz

6 hours ago, Tugboat said:

Finally got around to watching the game.

-I'm really digging the uniforms from certain angles and distance.  Look phenomenal from the main broadcast camera.  Just that with certain conditions when they go to lower angle views, they look like the wrong darn colour, and the overly plain numbers really stand out.

-Also on an aesthetic note...they're gonna redo the field numbers and stuff before the real season right?  Because they definitely don't match the current number font and it looks bad and stupid.  Like the dog park.

-Tanner Lee is just a waste of a roster spot.  We'd be better off bringing Shoelace out of his lake, before letting Lee actually take a snap in a real game that counts.

-Leon Jacobs looks like he's got a big lead in that 3rd starting LBer battle.  Thought he looked legitimately good.

-Not inspired by our RB depth.  We're 3 deep and then nothing.  Which makes me a bit nervous with how central the run is for us.  Gotta be watching these other preseason games for guys who might become available to fill out that 4th spot.

-Kessler looks reasonably competent, but severely limited.  Really hope he doesn't have to play at any point, but he looks fairly confident in running the huddle, moving around, and managing the game i guess.  Really is a shame he's not more physically talented.

-Can certainly see things to like with Reavis and Herndon.  Depth maybe doesn't look quite as bad as i thought at CB, but it's a very unimpressive group after Jalen and Bouye.

3 deep at RB is better than most teams and the Shoelace comment was hilarious lol. I feel like most backups are competent but limited too

3 deep is plenty deep enough, but we do utilize the run more. A 4th guy wouldn't be too bad for this offense, but this is the rb position we're talking about. 

We can find someone with some experience if we're in a pinch if our current 4/5 backs don't cut it

3 hours ago, Speedyg said:

3 deep is plenty deep enough, but we do utilize the run more. A 4th guy wouldn't be too bad for this offense, but this is the rb position we're talking about. 

We can find someone with some experience if we're in a pinch if our current 4/5 backs don't cut it

I'd rather keep a WR that likely has to be cut instead of bringing on a meh 4th RB

57 minutes ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

I'd rather keep a WR that likely has to be cut instead of bringing on a meh 4th RB

I think it will be a PS guy unless that 4th RB just happens to be a ST demon.

I wonder if they are tempted at all to roll with 3 backs if the numbers game gets really tough, with Myles as the 4th RB in a game if needed.

Pretty sure they only kept 3 backs active last season for gameday anyway so I doubt a 4th RB will make it in the 53 unless they are a Montell Owens type of ST player.

13 minutes ago, Speedyg said:

I think it will be a PS guy unless that 4th RB just happens to be a ST demon.

I wonder if they are tempted at all to roll with 3 backs if the numbers game gets really tough, with Myles as the 4th RB in a game if needed.

Pretty sure they only kept 3 backs active last season for gameday anyway so I doubt a 4th RB will make it in the 53 unless they are a Montell Owens type of ST player.

Idk if i want our MLB as our 4th back even in an emergency. But it would be interesting for sure

1 minute ago, JaguarCrazy2832 said:

Idk if i want our MLB as our 4th back even in an emergency. But it would be interesting for sure

Myles has expressed interest in getting carries. It would be an emergency situation only, as in you have 3 active and for bad luck (knock on wood) all three get hurt.

At that point your only other option would be a WR, or Bohanon.

Once the game is done, they can bring up someone from PS or sign a street fa.

4 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Myles has expressed interest in getting carries. It would be an emergency situation only, as in you have 3 active and for bad luck (knock on wood) all three get hurt.

At that point your only other option would be a WR, or Bohanon.

Once the game is done, they can bring up someone from PS or sign a street fa.

I know he wants carries but someone with possible knee issues shouldn’t ever touch the ball unless its an INT. Hopefully it never comes to that

Archived