Other coaching news

Lil' Shorty

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yeah. It's one I hadn't seen yet. I don't think I want Caldwell as a HC. But I might be cool with him as an OC.

The retread coordinator with the first time HC has been the preferred path in the NFL.  After listenting to the latest PR podcast it sure seems like there is a path for Licht to return

21 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

My top 3 choices in order:

HC - Dan Campbell, OC- Zac Taylor, DC- Mark Duffner

HC- Kris Richard, OC-Jim Caldwell, DC - Todd Wash

HC- Wink Martindale, OC- Gary Kubiak, DC - Joe Cullen

If by chance any of these 3 happened, I would be very satisfied.

Don’t know much about your 3rd option but agree with the order and HC/Coordinator combos on the first 2. Either would be cause for hope I think... If Glazers want to go the Parcells route then Campbell. If Glazers want to go Dungey/Mirenelli route then Richard. Both seem logical..which is what concerns me lol

15 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Don’t know much about your 3rd option but agree with the order and HC/Coordinator combos on the first 2. Either would be cause for hope I think... If Glazers want to go the Parcells route then Campbell. If Glazers want to go Dungey/Mirenelli route then Richard. Both seem logical..which is what concerns me lol

I understand your concern on the Glazers decision making.  My thinking on Martindale is if the Glazers truly value John Harbaugh, his coaching tree isn t bad.  Kubiak left to win the SB with the Broncos.  Caldwell left for Detroit, got them to the playoffs twice and was fired after a winning season in 4  seasons.  Caldwell had a winning season in Detroit 3 out of 4 yrs.  In fact, Jim Caldwell in 8 seasons as a HC in the NFL has had 2 losing seasons.  His first was when Manning got injured and didn t play, he was left with Curtis Painter.  He had a 7-9 season with Detroit.  I better stop writing about Caldwell because I may realize he is actually a really good HC candidate.  😀

I need to add one thing about Caldwell.  His tenure in Detroit was marked by horrible running game.  Any potential.HC needs to.show a good plan to fix this rushing attack.  Red zone efficiency will go up with a better rushing attack.

Rumor is Quinn might want Bevell in Atlanta.  Hard to know who Richard would tab for his OC.  

I’m starting to get the feeling that we are keeping Licht. I’ve still got no clue how much or how little power he has. Seems like Licht’s greatest strengths come from the draft and being a “scout” so who knows if he’s really the best guy to keep but I guess we could have it worse.. 

Stroud seems to be confident Jameis will be here in 2019 and I believe him. If that is the case why not keep the GM that drafted him and is “married” to him? Have that GM get debriefed by ownership on what they want the new HC to be like and then Licht knowing if Jameis is gone he’s gone too, will find a HC who thinks he can work with Jameis or give it a shot. Otherwise why would the Glazers Fire Licht only to tell the next GM he has to keep Jameis around? It’s kind of like they know Licht is going to try and make it work with Jameis, which is what they want, so the keep him and have him head the HC search. Good or bad that’s my prediction.

Archived