NBA Draft Thread: NO trades 4 to ATL (8/17/35)

NYRaider

2 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

I made this statement before the college season started and nothing has changed concerning RJ Barrett. He may go top three or at least top five, but I don't see anything more than a decent Pro in his game. Certainly not the type of player who will help turn a franchise around. I got him as a Tyreke Evans type at the next level

Had a bad shooting game tonight but was 7/10 on 2 point attempts and had 11 assists. Came up big time in the second half. 

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Had a bad shooting game tonight but was 7/10 on 2 point attempts and had 11 assists. Came up big time in the second half. 

Yes and he is an excellent college player, but based on previous top 3 top 5 lottery picks I really don't see him as anything special is more or less what I'm trying to say

1 minute ago, resilient part 2 said:

Yes and he is an excellent college player, but based on previous top 3 top 5 lottery picks I really don't see him as anything special is more or less what I'm trying to say

He’s 18 years old and broke the ACC freshman scoring record this year. He’s not an elite prospect but I see a Jimmy Butler type of offensive player. 

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

He’s 18 years old and broke the ACC freshman scoring record this year. He’s not an elite prospect but I see a Jimmy Butler type of offensive player. 

Perhaps I certainly have been wrong before about prospects. But at this moment I see more Tyreke Evans than Jimmy Butler potential

Just now, resilient part 2 said:

Perhaps I certainly have been wrong before about prospects. But at this moment I see more Tyreke Evans than Jimmy Butler potential

That's not a terrible comparison for him right now. Although Barrett is much more crafty as a scorer, dude shattered the ACC freshman scoring record this year while being a streaky 3 point shooter. 

10 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

idk why, I do believe in barrett tho. probably more than I do morant

Barrett is 6'7" 215 with good length and a very mature game. The only thing he struggles with right now is perimeter shooting. He's a great finisher around the rim, above average defender, and a good facilitator. His playmaking and ability to create for others is severely underrated.  

5 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

you would think but all these dudes had bad tourneys imo (outside the top 3 guys)

I didn't watch much of the regular season, but a lot of the March madness games. I can't speak for most of the top ten but I have watched all Virginia games. And Hunter does not impress me at all. NBA body and defense. Not much more.

1 hour ago, resilient part 2 said:

D Huter's stock has to be dropping. Not a good enough shooter or creator. 

He improved his 3 point shooting % by 5 points while taking twice as many attempts. He hasn't looked great in the tournament but he deserves to be a lottery pick. He's the best on ball defender in the class and is versatile enough to defend 1-4. Classic 3&D guy.

11 hours ago, NYRaider said:

He improved his 3 point shooting % by 5 points while taking twice as many attempts. He hasn't looked great in the tournament but he deserves to be a lottery pick. He's the best on ball defender in the class and is versatile enough to defend 1-4. Classic 3&D guy.

Yes, but this is one of the weaker classes IMO.

Archived