How good is Josh McDaniels

Activated10

How good is Josh McDaniels  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Josh McDaniels as OC

• Great, Top 5-10 OC
    • Overrated, below average OC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/2018 at 11:32 AM

I don't think top 10 means great. But he's probably in the top 10. If he is, though, it's right around #10. You can't doubt his scheming, but he's very stubborn and arrogant. Unlike the elites who will build their offense around what they have, McDaniels wants to build what he has around his offense. If he doesn't have what he needs, you end up with a square peg/round hole situation.

He's certainly not in the class of Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan, Sean Payton, and Andy Reid. After that class of guys, you have some others who have made or are making strong arguments that they're better, like Doug Pederson, Frank Reich, John DeFilippo, Matt Nagy, and Todd Monken. McDaniels falls into the class of guys like Mike McCarthy and Norv Turner. Guys known both for brilliance and stubbornness. I also think Jay Gruden is worth noting. If forced to choose, I'd take Jay Gruden over McDaniels, but I think a lot of people would disagree with me there.

22 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I don't think top 10 means great. But he's probably in the top 10. If he is, though, it's right around #10. You can't doubt his scheming, but he's very stubborn and arrogant. Unlike the elites who will build their offense around what they have, McDaniels wants to build what he has around his offense. If he doesn't have what he needs, you end up with a square peg/round hole situation.

He's certainly not in the class of Sean McVay, Kyle Shanahan, Sean Payton, and Andy Reid. After that class of guys, you have some others who have made or are making strong arguments that they're better, like Doug Pederson, Frank Reich, John DeFilippo, Matt Nagy, and Todd Monken. McDaniels falls into the class of guys like Mike McCarthy and Norv Turner. Guys known both for brilliance and stubbornness. I also think Jay Gruden is worth noting. If forced to choose, I'd take Jay Gruden over McDaniels, but I think a lot of people would disagree with me there.

Why do you like Gruden over McDaniels. What designs does he do that are better than McDaniels

Archived