Mike Tomlin and the rest of the coaching staff

VigilantZombie

2 minutes ago, FourThreeMafia said:

That's how its always been with Tomlin and his haters.    Blame him for every little thing when things aren't going well,  but remain mum or give everyone else the credit when we are doing good. 

My support of Tomlin has dwindled over the last couple years, but not because I think he's a bad coach overall... I'm just becoming skeptical he can get us back to being a Super Bowl winning team.

This has been my sentiment for years but is it he to blame. I am leaning more towards colbert , butler (and porter) and Ben since ben seems to get his way with everything yet where are the results?  Tomlin can't play on sundays as a DB, maybe someone should have told colbert that in the spring. The team can only do so much, then the real weakness o the team will be exploited vs legit teams. It's only been happening every year and for some reason they (colbert mainly) keep ignoring this.  

One part about tomlin I won't cut slack is his legacy is losing to bad teams and playing down to competition. That has to be on him because the season is in play , we know the team  should win easily, yet they sometimes don't show up until 2nd half and even then get lucky . 

Tomlin from my perspective: walked into a talented team, team stayed talented mostly,  underachieved often and plays down to competition and loses in those games too. Not a bad coach, but not as good as his record, and also not allowed to be the coach he wants probably (Lebeau ran the D, colbert gets wrong players, some bad assistant coaches, HOF QB has his way etc)

Watch the games, hope for the changes year in year out, repeat yearly. Time spent here would be lees if the team was winning more and the team was better overall. 

7 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I agree with this. The issues with our team right now dont fall solely on the shoulders of Tomlin 

If I had to guess the blame would be from top to bottom:

1. rooney

2. colbert

3. butler

4. porter

5. tomlin

6. Players should be put in line for conduct and this would ultimately be on the HC for me.  They should have kept quite about bell, and maybe bell would be here. Bell is a megalomaniac , so who knows and of course cares anyways, but the Connor injury might be a problem if the sprain doesn't heal . I think Samuels is going to be good int he  passing game, but the OL will have to make lanes since he lacks the quickness.

12 hours ago, 3rivers said:

My support of Tomlin has dwindled over the last couple years, but not because I think he's a bad coach overall... I'm just becoming skeptical he can get us back to being a Super Bowl winning team.

I'm just going to laugh at this. You present some strawman version of your opponents argument, and then pretty much conclude with what people have actually been arguing for a while now. The Tomlin defenders are the like that person who stays with someone who has cheated on them like 5 times and then gets irrationally angry at other people when they suggest that they're maybe sort of kind of possibly making a poor decision continuing the relationship. Then three years later they finally end things after being burned a couple more times. Supposedly, this is the Steelers way.

I doubt they can win another ring with Roethlisberger at this point in his career, either. A few years ago? Maybe. So, congrats. The window is now slammed shut on this iteration of the Steelers.

This is what Tomlin (play-off lives on the line) had to say about Bens injury.

Why didn't Roethlisberger re-enter the game sooner?

"I was just waiting for coach to tell me when to go," Roethlisberger said.

Coach Mike Tomlin offered this explanation for why backup quarterback Joshua Dobbs remained in the game for the third and most of the fourth quarters:

"(Roethlisberger) probably could've come in a series or two sooner, but we were in a rhythm and flow of the game," Tomlin said. "He was ready to go when he got back out there."

Making his second appearance of the season, Dobbs was 4 of 9 for 24 yards, one interception and a 12.0 passer rating.

The Steelers had three first downs on four series while Dobbs was in the game.

When Roethlisberger returned, he led the Steelers to a go-ahead score, throwing a 1-yard touchdown pass to JuJu Smith-Schuster with 2:55 left.

He finished by completing 25 of 29 attempts for 282 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions. He had a 130.2 rating.

Roethlisberger expects to play Sunday against the New England Patriots.

"I would assume so," he said. "I can't predict it, but I would assume so."

Archived