BStan's Mock Offseason and Draft Rounds 1-3

BStanRamFan

Hey Guys,

With the combine finishing up and cuts being made, along with rumors swirling, I wanted to give a mock offseason a chance. I will only mock rounds 1-3 in the draft because I admittedly do not know too much about late round prospects; so I won't waste anyones time.

Cuts

Sullivan

Barron

Brockers

Sad to see Brockers go, but I really like what I saw in JFM; especially in the playoffs and made a nice play in the superbowl. We could really use the cap space to address other defensive needs.

Re-sign

Sam Shields

Cory Littleton

No surprises here.

Sign

Dontari Poe- Be our run stuffing NT on a relatively inexpensive deal. Would eat up blockers nicely next to Donald and JFM.

TJ Yeldon- Kind of a forgotten man in Jacksonville, but he's put together some good production. I'd feel safe with him in on 3rd downs and even playing entire games if Gurley needed to rest. We pursuade him to come on being a 1B/3rd down back to Gurley. 

Haha-Clinton Dix- I think he will likely come on a one year prove it deal and be the forgotten man in the free agent FS class. In 9 games with the Skins, Dix has 3 PD and 66 combined tackles. He's still only 26 and would play nicely next to Johnson.

Shane Ray- He's been a bust up until this point in his career, but Wade saw something in him to draft him. I think he jumps at a cheap deal to play under him again and increase his stock before hitting the market again. Low risk-High reward potentail to be our 4th pass rusher.

Ryan Groy- Stole from Jrry. Makes too much sense to add flexibility on the line.

Ryan Fitzpatrick: End of his career and I think would love to just be apart of this locker room/extension of the coaching staff. If he can add a ring to resume and set himself up for a coaching job after his career I think it would make sense to him. If GOD FORBID Goff went out, I would feel comfortable with Fitzpatrick stepping in.

I didn't make any HUGE signings. I feel like we are limited with cap space more so than last year, but can still find new starters in FA with loads on upside on our budget. Now that we are an established contender, players will want to take their one year deals on a team that could potentially win a ring and improve their stock for a future pay day. Although I'm not projecting it here, I would NOT be shocked if Snead pulled something big in the upcoming weeks. And by BIG I mean trading our 1st for Jadaveon Clowney or going after Earl Thomas/Muhammed Wilkerson type name.

Draft

#31. Jachai Polite EDGE Florida: Alot of teams have taken him off of their first round board and we apparently had a great interview at the combine although everyone had negative things to say. He came off immature and unprepared, but we have a locker room full of high character guys to bring along his maturity. Talib is the leader of this defense and I don't think there would be any issues getting this kid in line. We get a steal at #31 that would of likely went higher with a better combine. If he loses some weight and the hamstring is cleared up by his pro-day, I can see him running at 4.6 40.

#94 Taylor Rapp S Washington: with a deep free agent group of safetys, it will lead some players to slip in the draft early on. One being Taylor Rapp. He can play either safety position and cover TE's with high football intelligence.

#99 Christian Miller OLB Alabama: Finished with 8 sacks on a stacked Alabama defense despite injuries late in the season. He's had serious injuries and an up and down career at Bama. He's shown flashes, but the injuries really crippled his ability to be consistent or else I think he would be a first round pick. We take a chance on him and bring him along slowly like we did with Oko. 

#133 Dennis Dailey OT/G South Carolina: Played against top edge rushers so he has been tested (Polite, Clelin Ferrel, Josh Allen, Deandre Walker). He got eaten up by Allen, but he's a top 5 pick so I expect it. Dailey and Groy give us back ups at both G and T positions if we slide Noteboom and Allen into the line up. I like the flexibility.

Starters

Goff

Gurley/Yeldon

Kupp

Woods

Cooks

Whitworth

Noteboom

Allen

Blythe

Havenstein

Donald