Harbaugh's Contract Extended

coordinator0

Has anyone ever seen a coaches contract just expire? I feel like almost all of them get fired and like a handful of really exceptional ones retire. So really as far as I'm concerned this means nothing 

I still want him. I think he's a great coach. My one beef though is all the injuries. Year in and year out it seems like we get decimated by injuries and it feels like we're the only ones. I don't believe its bad like. I think he probably pushes them a little harder than maybe he needs to in the offseason(as evidenced by our yearly preseason dominance.) Don't get me wrong. I don't want a soft training camp. But I believe we can be a tough team without going all Junction Boys

19 hours ago, BaltimoreTerp said:

we're looking for that young up and comer with new ideas to replace him rather than going for Pagano if/when he gets fired by Indy this year. 

We had that opportunity after Pagano went away and we went with Dean Pees. I don't think it would be any different if Pees is gone after this year (which is still highly unlikely).

On 29/08/2017 at 4:41 PM, BaltimoreTerp said:

Rex's defensive schemes got solved some time ago and he never adjusted, and he knows it. Hence why he's given up on coaching and just taking the broadcast gravy train. 

Pagano's defenses have been so consistently trash with Indy that I'm not really all that sure he wasn't just benefiting from a flukish one year bounce with us stemming from an easy schedule, stacked defensive lineup, and just being marginally better than Mattison, which isn't that hard to do.

Not to say I like Pees at all, I just think we don't need to fetishize guys who haven't done squat in a solid half decade+. 

Not in tune with who the 'next big things' are in defensive coaching circles but I hope if Pees does fail again this year and finally gets the boot,  we're looking for that young up and comer with new ideas to replace him rather than going for Pagano if/when he gets fired by Indy this year. 

Yeah, this is pretty bang on. I can't stand Pees but I don't really imagine Rex being much better. As terp said, Rex was figured out long ago. We need a fresh face if Pees face once again. Will Harbaugh do that? Remains to be seen. I love Harbs though. Hasn't wore out his welcome for me just yet. We will see how the season unfolds. 

Yeah, I'm not pining away for Rex either. I don't think many remember but he started getting pretty soft late in games/on 3rd downs with the prevent defense. No thanks, and a lot of his more aggressive tendencies have since been figured out like others have said. 

Not sure what to make of Pagano. He was great in his only season with the Ravens, and that was coming off of Mattison's awful scheme so it wasn't like he just carried that over. His time with the Colts has been pretty bad although they still have no talent on that side of the ball. Grigson invested heavily into the offense on a consistent basis.

Even if that is the reason for Chuck's struggles with defense for the Colts I'd still rather the Ravens go in a different direction. Bring someone in from outside the organization. Fresh ideas and perspective. But as long as Harbaugh is around Pees probably will be too outside of an intervention by Bisciotti. And it takes a lot to get to that point, so nothing is happening here. Sadly.

Archived