pre draft Statistical 2019 Projections

mistakey

2 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

Hey!

I'm rational.

honestly no i think you're lowballin.  we had about that many rushing yards last year with a hue jackson for 8 games head coaching staff.  thats an average OBJ season with an old bad eli as QB.  myles had almost identical numbers last year and he was held nearly every play and vernon was 2x as productive as ogbah across from him.  

3 minutes ago, mistakey said:

honestly no i think you're lowballin.  we had about that many rushing yards last year with a hue jackson for 8 games head coaching staff.  thats an average OBJ season with an old bad eli as QB.  myles had almost identical numbers last year and he was held nearly every play and vernon was 2x as productive as ogbah across from him.  

I think Mayfield will throw to OBJ when the matchup dictates. Probably once early and then again when teams have to back off from doubling him to help elsewhere. I don't think he will have a monster year but he could have a monster impact anyway. Until Duke isn't on the team I'll assume he gets 5-7 carries per game, at least the first half of the season. That is 250-300 yards at the midpoint. Add Hunt and that is 2k yards and 5th in the league last year was 2037.

As far as sack numbers, I'll have to see our defense before I would understand why anyone would pass against us, we are probably not going to be able to stop the run unless we scheme and tackle a lot better than last year. It certainly isn't built to stop the run, which makes sense in 2019 but I expect teams to do a lot of it unless we get a 2 score lead.

Still hope you are right though and even if I am right I expect that to be a playoff earning performance.

5 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think Mayfield will throw to OBJ when the matchup dictates. Probably once early and then again when teams have to back off from doubling him to help elsewhere. I don't think he will have a monster year but he could have a monster impact anyway. Until Duke isn't on the team I'll assume he gets 5-7 carries per game, at least the first half of the season. That is 250-300 yards at the midpoint. Add Hunt and that is 2k yards and 5th in the league last year was 2037.

As far as sack numbers, I'll have to see our defense before I would understand why anyone would pass against us, we are probably not going to be able to stop the run unless we scheme and tackle a lot better than last year. It certainly isn't built to stop the run, which makes sense in 2019 but I expect teams to do a lot of it unless we get a 2 score lead.

Still hope you are right though and even if I am right I expect that to be a playoff earning performance.

duke avg'd 2.5 att per game last year

Archived