Standardized career QB stats(post-04)

C0LTSFAN4L1F3

55 minutes ago, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

You're just making excuses. Unless you can prove a large correlation, then this is just conjecture. And Brees's career certainly doesn't support this crap. His full-season with the highest interception rate of his entire career came with a 7th ranked scoring defense. He had a worse defense in 2017, but he threw picks at more than twice the rate in 2010. His 3rd highest INT rate came in a year where they had a higher scoring defense than this year, yet this year he had the lowest INT rate of his entire career. 

2010 was somewhat anomalous considering Brees was injured for at least part of the year.  The Saints in general had injuries on offense and bottom third of the league in rushing.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:52 PM, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

No, I don't think that he belongs in the conversation. For what it is worth, I wouldn't put Rodgers in that conversation either.  Don't get me wrong, I think he's a fantastic QB. I would rank him higher than Rodgers on an all-time list. But, I mean, he's simply not on the level of Peyton and Brady. Looking from a pure accolades point of view makes it obvious, but looking at the highest correlate stat and adjusting for era, the gap between Peyton and Brees is larger than the gap between Brees and Matt Ryan and Ben Roethlisberger. And that's while still including his final season where he played without a functional body and having a ~4 ANY/A. And well, Brady and Brees are significantly closer in the important areas, but Brees has a distinct lack of five rings and 3 MVPs. 

Here's how I would rank what I consider the best "modern" QBs:

Brady

Peyton

Brees

Rodgers

Favre

Warner

with there being a decent dropoff into the next tier. 

Interesting, I could probably try to make that happen. But my Excel knowledge is much weaker than I would like it to be. I was thinking I would put all of the average ANY/A in a list, and then index it according to the QBs career, and average those values and then just call the function I made that computes the ANY/A. 

. Championship only make you better in individual events such as tennis and track and field. Brady can get 12 championships and he would never make him better than a quarterback that he isn't better than.  Rings does not make you the best in football, intangibles can but rings ever never make you better. Just looking at the players  and ignoring all stats Brees is the better quarterback and he is better in almost ever single category except throwing power but even with the lack of arm strength he is able to complete a higher volume and percentage of passes. If Belicheck retired today so would Brady he is and always will be system quarterback nothing has changed in the last three years.

On ‎4‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 2:24 PM, C0LTSFAN4L1F3 said:

You're just making excuses. Unless you can prove a large correlation, then this is just conjecture. And Brees's career certainly doesn't support this crap. His full-season with the highest interception rate of his entire career came with a 7th ranked scoring defense. He had a worse defense in 2017, but he threw picks at more than twice the rate in 2010. His 3rd highest INT rate came in a year where they had a higher scoring defense than this year, yet this year he had the lowest INT rate of his entire career. 

The more rational explanation is that Brady simply threw less picks because he made better better decisions. 

Actually I would attribute this year more so to him simply playing better and the league-wide spike in efficiency stats. 

Did they go 7-9 in 2009? You claimed there were seasons where he desered the MVP but the Saints went 7-9 because of a bad defense so he didn't get the MVP. You're either moving the goalposts, or conceding that you were wrong. 

Wasting your breath trying to explain why Brees turns the ball over anyone who has played sports no there is more pressure and a quarterback has to take more chances to win a game is your defense is obsolete. Look at the Bradys fifth championship against the failclowns. Patriots defense shutout the best offense in the league at the time for a whole half but Brady was giving the glory. You can name numerous of average QB who have looked great due to stellar defenses. First four that come to mind are Aikem, Bradshaw, Flacco and Rex Grossman.