Time to turn the Way Back Machine to the '80's--All Hail Anthony Carter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2k4lhxjk5ig

Actually, overall the 80's were a pretty rough decade for the Vikings.  Sure they got to the NFC Championship Game after the '87 season...but they won the division with an 8-8 record.  They just happened to catch fire during the playoffs...destroying the New Orleans Saints...and going to San Francisco and pretty much handling the '49'ers...the team of the decade.  The spark that started the Viking fire in the playoffs was a dynamic, clutch receiver named Anthony Carter.  He wasn't very big, but he was talented.  He was voted to the pro bowl three times, was second team All-NFC twice. He had 486 receptions, for over 7, 700 yards and 55 touchdowns.  He knew he was made for clutch games. In those playoff games in '87 he gained 642 all purpose yards...still an NFL playoff record.  Let me say that again...642 all purpose yards in 3 playoff games!!  If I recall, he played those games on two very tight hamstrings.  Show some love for number 81...Wide Receiver Anthony Carter!!!!

In the early days of my Vikings fandom, AC was, by far, my favorite player...and it wasn't even close.  I liked Darrin Nelson (No, he wasn't Marcus Allen, but he was pretty good in his own right), Steve Jordan, Keith Millard, and Chris Doleman, but AC was my guy.  I actually wasn't a big fan of Joey Browner.  He was certainly a darn good player, but of course, a lot of the things he did to tackle aren't legal any longer.   People also may not recall that Rich Gannon was on that team...he actually got into that NO playoff game at the end...that NO game was probably one of the most enjoyable games I've ever watched...especially since that was NO's first playoff game ever.  It was sort of a "Welcome to the big leagues" moment for the Saints.  

1 hour ago, swede700 said:

It was sort of a "Welcome to the big leagues" moment for the Saints.  

Then they got a purple punch in the mouth!!!