Dolphins sign DT

Swampbilly

Dolphins have signed former Arizona Cardinal and 2016 first round pick Robert Nkemdiche.  It is reportedly a 1 year deal worth up to $1.1M.  He is coming off a season in which he was demonstrating solid improvement before he tore his ACL.  He has been placed on the PUP list but since he only has a 1 year deal I would expect to see him in the DT rotation before the 8th game of the season.  

Potential based signing which we have little to lose, either Nkemdiche performs when he has the opportunity or he won’t be back next season.  If he performs well then I would expect to see him around for 3 more years.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27346092/dt-nkemdiche-signs-dolphins-goes-pup

Edited by Swampbilly

Heh, I posted on the thread when the Cards cut him asking why Miami hasn't given him a look. He had 4.5 sacks in only 6 games last year, and that's pretty good. Might be a half-decent pickup once he's healthy from the ACL surgery 8 months ago. 

8 hours ago, FinSting said:

Heh, I posted on the thread when the Cards cut him asking why Miami hasn't given him a look. He had 4.5 sacks in only 6 games last year, and that's pretty good. Might be a half-decent pickup once he's healthy from the ACL surgery 8 months ago. 

Ya, he basically looked like a bust in his first 2 seasons and when he started to flash last season he got hurt, so Arizona let him go.

Let’s hope he can produce for us and demonstrate why he was a first round pick.