Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
steelcurtain29

2019 Preseason Finale GDT Thread : We Play The Panthers... Again....

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, wwhickok said:

I'd like us to pick up Wilson and cut Grimble

Meh, at least Grimble is big, strong, and fairly athletic. I doubt we’ll be seeing as much 2 TE sets this year due to our glut of WR depth. Grimble at least knows the system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Meh, at least Grimble is big, strong, and fairly athletic. I doubt we’ll be seeing as much 2 TE sets this year due to our glut of WR depth. Grimble at least knows the system. 

I dont disagree but I've wanted Grimble gone since he threw away the Denver game. He put himself before the team, the same thing AB, Bell, and Burnett had been doing in other ways.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Meh, at least Grimble is big, strong, and fairly athletic. I doubt we’ll be seeing as much 2 TE sets this year due to our glut of WR depth. Grimble at least knows the system. 

I understand the Grimble love to a degree but what has that big, strong athletic body produced? Zilch. Sure the potential is there but this is year 4 for him and I haven't seen much improvement. Wilson certainly isn't a world beater and I'm not suggesting he's the answer but I'd take him over Grimble. He's a better blocker and to me a player that's closer to McDonald then Grimble is. But ideally there is another candidate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, wwhickok said:

I dont disagree but I've wanted Grimble gone since he threw away the Denver game. He put himself before the team, the same thing AB, Bell, and Burnett had been doing in other ways.

 

 

Or maybe he was trying to hype the team like when Vance ended Conte’s career. He said he was trying to truck the dude but did he say he wanted to because he wanted glory? Nope, that’s on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Chieferific said:

I understand the Grimble love to a degree but what has that big, strong athletic body produced? Zilch. Sure the potential is there but this is year 4 for him and I haven't seen much improvement. Wilson certainly isn't a world beater and I'm not suggesting he's the answer but I'd take him over Grimble. He's a better blocker and to me a player that's closer to McDonald then Grimble is. But ideally there is another candidate. 

I don’t have any love for Grimble. He hasn’t produced much at all, I’m just saying if Wilson is 1-5% better than Grimble but doesn’t know the offense, what’s the point in signing him? He’s not that much better and he’d take 8 weeks to figure out anything. May as well just roll with X and save some money. 

Grimble is a good blocker, he can sneak up on defenses, and he knows the offense. I feel like the Luke Willson love is kind of Madden stuff. No point in rocking the boat for such a marginal improvement, IMO. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calling Grimble selfish for the fumble is little unfair. 

I’m 6’2 - I’m not huge by any means but anytime I was running the ball and a smaller guy was in front of me? I totally wanted to run him over, even as a QB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dcash4 said:

Calling Grimble selfish for the fumble is little unfair. 

I’m 6’2 - I’m not huge by any means but anytime I was running the ball and a smaller guy was in front of me? I totally wanted to run him over, even as a QB. 

Exactly. He may very well have been trying to spark the team like Vance did with the stiff arm. Also, how is a player like Grimble supposed to make an impression when he gets 1 target every three weeks. It was dumb, yes, but I don't fault him for trying to do it. Yes, I'm angry we lost the game but I don't hold a grudge.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×