Rams extend TE Tyler Higbee (4 years, $31M, $15 guarenteed)

Forge

3 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I havent seen this yet, but if thats true its changes it a bit. I think it will fall somewhere between this and the agent speak of 4/$31 anf $15m guaranteed

If we guaranteed this years $2m, that leaves $13m over the next 4, some of witch will likely be Signing Bonus and paid out this year, that probably leaves the 2020 salary and a roster bonus for 2021 guaranteed, which we would want him for anyway, and likely never sees any of the big money in years 3/4 of the extension.

My Guess on the actual breakdown: New 5 year deal, total of $33m (plus $5m in possible incentives) with $15m guaranteed - $6m of which is Signing Bonus

• Y1 - $2m base + $1.2 SB (3.2 Cap)
  • Y2 - $4m base + $1.2 SB (5.2 Cap)
  • Y3 - $5m base + $1.2 SB (6.2 Cap) $3m of winch is a guaranteed Roster bonus, Cap hit keeps him on the team
  • Y4 - $7m base + $1.2 SB (3.2 Cap)
  • Y5 - $9m base + $1.2 SB (3.2 Cap)

So in reality its probably closer to new 3 year deal for $17m swallowing up his current year. Gotta love Agent math

Very possible, we'll likely find out the details on Monday or Tuesday on both him and Goff.

12 minutes ago, Oregon Ducks said:

lol wtf who is this dude? Doesn't sound like someone I would want in the locker room:
https://www.ramsheadquarters.com/rams-tyler-higbee-changes-story-assault-cause-admits-hes-guilty/

As was discussed earlier he made some mistakes in college and has owned up to them and been a model citizen since. Everybody deserves a second chance don't they?