What needs to happen to make the playoffs?

pwny

A decade removed from their last playoff season, this Jaguars team, on paper, is the best over that time frame. Will this be the team that finally breaks the seal on an elusive playoff run that has evaded us for a decade?

If that is to happen, what do these Jaguars need to do on the field? 

Honestly, this all hinges on Bortles. If he can be smart with the ball I don't see why we can't be a .500 or slightly above team. The defense with the additions and youth having another year under their belt on top of a brand new coaching staff should do wonders. Yes, we still have Wash...but I don't think that he was the guy calling most of the shots last year and even if so, he was a first year DC that plans to change things quite a bit compared to last year and has already tossed out a lot of terms from the past defense.

OL should be improved and it already was pretty solid as far as pass blocking goes. Fournette is an immediate upgrade over anything we had last year without even seeing him in TC yet.

So like I said, if Bortles can be relatively smart with the football and be more 2015 than 2016...I expect to be pretty competitive (anywhere from 6-10 to 9-7 with 5-11 as a possibility if Bortles flops big time like last season).

Archived