It will be nice to see the draft in a small room

viper952

50 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

For pure football fans, this is going to be the best draft in years.

All the BS is removed... the lets talk about who designed your suit... the I see your whole family is here ... the what does mum have to say about her son ... the hat and jersey putting on ... the slow walk ... the bear hugs ... the sideline report with the college coach saying im so proud of my guys, like they are a cars salesman.

Its hopefully going to be raw .... big boards and team needs on the screen, with lots and lots of pure NFL commentary from 2-3 analysts

Yeah, i get why they do it, but its just so boring that way. Outside of watching the Niners pick in the 1st round, and the odd pick here and there, i just have the TV on another channel and follow along on here. 

This year though...1, it should back to basics. 2, there's nothing else to do, nowhere to go, nobody to see, and no other live sports. So i'll tune in this year and give it a shot...

58 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

For pure football fans, this is going to be the best draft in years.

All the BS is removed... the lets talk about who designed your suit... the I see your whole family is here ... the what does mum have to say about her son ... the hat and jersey putting on ... the slow walk ... the bear hugs ... the sideline report with the college coach saying im so proud of my guys, like they are a cars salesman.

Its hopefully going to be raw .... big boards and team needs on the screen, with lots and lots of pure NFL commentary from 2-3 analysts

I honestly don't know what draft coverage you've been watching, but what?  If you're talking about the "pre-draft" red carpet sideshow stuff...sure.  But it's super easy to just not bother with any of that superfluous stuff if you don't care.  The draft itself...how much of that really happens?  Sure there are long walks to the stage and all that fanfare...but the good broadcasts just go ahead and talk right over that with "analysis".  

The bigger loss in this whole draft process, is that we've managed to lose masses of coverage, discussion, and analysis of prospects in the pre-draft process for months leading up to the draft itself.  I'd trade a few moments of sappy walking on stage hugs, for extensive pre-draft coverage of prospect pro days and the senior bowl, etc.  Instead...i think we're probably in for the worst of both worlds.

People thinking it's going to be, "back to basics" and pander to a hardcore football crowd with like deep film breakdowns and analysis or something to go with every pick...are going to be starkly disappointed in the actuality of the event i'd bet.  It's just going to be the same pageantry...live-streamed from a bunch of inarticulate prospects squinting into their laptop/ipad camera.