• Cameron Dantzler, CB, Miss St
    • Robert Hunt, G, Louisiana
    • Matt Peart, OT, Connecticut
    • Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota
    • KJ Hamler, WR, Penn State
    • Malik Harrison, LB, Ohio State
    • Other (please specify)

8 hours ago, ovfd55 said:

Watching Tape he came of as Dominant as someone should if getting drafted from that level of competition.You see improvement watching the tape in all areas from route running to blocking.
The competition part I became ok with after reading up on senior bowl and seeing things like this
"Trautman showed up at the Senior Bowl and showed off very, very good athleticism in space. He was a feisty and technical blocker that blew guys off the ball all week. Then, he skied up for numerous contested catches, and perhaps the most surprising thing was the adeptness for route running that he displayed. Trautman was a complete tight end this week and gained a lot of money by showing it off. "

So wasn't out of his league when talent got better.Think I fell in love seeing what he could become,He went into college having never caught a pass since he played HS QB and improved every year there and is still refining things about his game,With the right Coaching I could see him being a top 5 TE some point,But I'll admit he not polished and could bust too.

Great points.  However, the Senior Bowl isn't a super-great barometer point for me.  It's a lot like the Pro Bowl, but it does have more riding on it.  But it's still not the cream of the crop like they are going to face in the NFL.  The Senior Bowl absolutely helped the Redskins when they coached it I think, because you get to know the prospects a little better than just film and performance.  

It's still not enough for me to spend a third round pick on someone like that.  I don't think the Redskins are at that level when they can make that type of draft pick and be able to balance the risk/reward.  Not yet at least. 

I’m surprised CB Jaylon Johnson isn’t getting more consideration here. He’s arguably far and away the BPA here and while I understand the need to get Haskins more weapons we have two 4th round picks on what seems a loaded board left at TE/WR. 

Johnson’s comparison on nfl.com is James Bradberry and I think he could develop into a CB1 on this defense his rookie year much like Bradberry did. Johnson is a fringe first rounder on most big boards. 

• Like 1