SuperFlex IDP Dynasty Startup Draft

EaglesPeteC

I just jumped into a Superflex IDP Dynasty league and we are doing a slow draft. I am quartantine bored and am avoiding my family, so I am going to just post my team as it unfolds.

We are drafting vets first and then doing a rookie draft. I drew the 4th pick

QB- Patrick Mahomes 

RB- Aaron Jones

RB- David Johnson

WR- Kenny Golladay

WR- Courtland Sutton 

TE- Zach Ertz

SuperFlex- Ryan Tannehill (QB) 

Flex- Derrius Guice (RB)

Flex- Mike Williams (WR)

K- Harrison Butker 

DL- Cameron Jordan

DL- Trey Flowers 

LB- Lavonte David

LB- Jayon Brown 

DB- Justin Simmons 

DB- Jonathan Abrams 

DB- Tre Boston 

IDP Flex- Mike Milano (LB) 

IDP Flex- Benardrick McKinney (LB) 

Bench- Darius Slayton (WR),  Tevin Coleman (RB), Will Fuller (WR),  Austin Hooper (TE), Boston Scott (RB), Derek Carr (QB), DeSean Jackson (WR), Melvin Ingram (DL), Anthony Harris (DB), Ed Oliver (DL), KeShawn Vaughn (RB), Chase Young (DL), Devin Duvernay (WR), Tyler Johnson (WR), Logan Wilson (LB)

with the 4th pick I select

BB14t1jn.img?h=0&w=720&m=6&q=60&u=t&o=f&

Patrick Mahomes QB KC

This is my first Super Flex Draft. Not sure if QB is good value this early in Round 1, but after McCaffrey, Zeke and Barkley went off the board with the top 3 picks, I just felt Mahomes would be the best foundational piece to my team. 

with the 9th pick of the 2nd round, I select

XWwcD7r0_400x400.jpg

Aaron Jones RB GB

Jones represents a significant tier break for me in RB's. He was the last RB I felt comfortable having as an RB 1 going into the season with the 3 I mentioned last post, Cook, Kamara, Chubb, Henry and Mixon off the board.

with the 4th pick in the 3rd Round I select

c3fbe6bd-10b1-4505-8341-19e4b47baca4-gol

Kenny Golladay WR DET

I was considering Kenny G and his smooth routes with my last pick. I love the value here. With a revolving door at QB last season, Golladay was a WR 1 and a TD machine. He is great value as a WR 1 at this point.

with the 9th pick in the 6th round I select

ryan-tannehill.jpg

Ryan Tannehill QB TEN

Boy the QB's started flying off the board, this was probably my biggest reach of the draft, but I really think Tannehill will be a high upside but reliable floor QB 2 for my Superflex.

Really like most of your picks so far. The only one I probably would have avoided was Aaron Jones in a dynasty format. Based on your list it seems like there were still a decent number of backs in more entrenched roles available.

with the 4th pick in the 7th Round, I select

GettyImages-1174656431.jpg

David Johnson RB HOU

The Texans traded for Johnson for a reason, they clearly want him and plan to use him. I don't know how long he is a still a starting RB in fantasy, but I am confident enough that he will get the volume in year 1 to make him a solid RB 2, with much higher upside.

21 minutes ago, winitall said:

Really like most of your picks so far. The only one I probably would have avoided was Aaron Jones in a dynasty format. Based on your list it seems like there were still a decent number of backs in more entrenched roles available.

Miles Sanders and Ekeler also were off the board before my pick as well.  Curious to who you would rather have picked at that point. 

23 minutes ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Miles Sanders and Ekeler also were off the board before my pick as well.  Curious to who you would rather have picked at that point. 

Sanders and Ekeler also being off the board makes it tougher. Was Josh Jacobs still available?  He probably would have been #1 on the board for me if he was there. 

With the 9th pick in the 10th Round, I select

1179409966-850x560.jpeg

Darius Slayton WR NYG

Teams are starting to grab those top end IDP players in the draft. I am content to let the other teams take IDP early and let really great value at WR and RB fall to me in these rounds. Then toward the end of the draft all the WR and RB talent is dried up and the IDP players are still plentiful.

I am really high on the present and future of Darius Slayton. He showed big play ability and a connection with Daniel Jones. Having Kenny G, Sutton, Mike William and Slayton is a strong WR corps for Dynasty.