Power Rankings Week 3

Chiefer

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I don’t agree with your logic. A #3 and #11 team can come within one play of beating each other. Heck, even #1 and #32. I’m taking all 3 weeks into account, and to a lesser extent, rosters and coaches. 

Saints are 1-2 and loss to the Raiders. Raiders are 2-1. That game also wasn’t that close. Do I think the Raiders are a better team...? No. I really don’t. 

Some teams matchup better with others, doesn’t mean they are automatically better. Let’s say the Jaguars for some reason matchup incredibly well against the Chiefs. In this situation, let’s say the Jags are the 32nd team and Chiefs are the 1st team. Jags are a bad personnel and stylistic matchup for the Chiefs and beat them but they would lose to all 31 other teams. Are Jags better than the Chiefs? Not even close. I realize this is an extreme example and perhaps not overly realistic, but you get the point. 

Rams are a bad matchup for the Bills, and just because they came within one play, doesn’t exactly mean they are neck and neck. Then again, you can always argue that #1 through #12 or so, can always have close games with each other as well, and are actually close, because of the parity in the NFL. 

At the end of the day, just an opinion. 

I'm not trying to dog the Bills, but the Rams beat the #18 and #23 teams on your list. The Bills beat the #31 and #25 teams on your list. The Rams and Bills game literally went down to the wire. Simply put, it doesn't make a lot of sense to have such a big gap between them. But you're right. There's not a huge difference between the top 12 teams. We'll see.