Power Rankings Week 3

Chiefer

1) Kansas City Chiefs - Oh Ye of little Faith. Reigning Champs reign for another week after a total destruction of the Ravens. Patriots up next.

2) Seattle Seahawks - Chef Russ man I can’t deny him. That defense is a concern though, Pete needs to get on track 

3) Green Bay Packers - Rodgers da Gawd 

4) Buffalo Bills - Josh Allen is the cyborg from the future. 

5) Baltimore Ravens - Precipitous fall but the loss was brutal. They’ll rebound but how far?

6) New England Patriots - Bill is a genius he knows how to win. Got a great formula and Cam still got it.

7)  Pittsburgh Steelers - Offense seems to be inconsistent but that defense is probably the best in the league.

8} Tennessee Titans - Corona Alert 🚨  some have been infected

9) Los Angeles Rams - Almost caught back up to the Bills. They’ve got issues but McVay is getting that offense firing on all cylinders.

10) Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Life on defense, Gronk making some catches, Brady fired up and defying the odds 

1) Kansas City Chiefs (3-0)

2) Green Bay Packers (3-0)

3) Buffalo Bills (3-0)

4) Seattle Seahawks (3-0)

5) Pittsburgh Steelers (3-0)

6) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-1)

7) Tennessee Titans (3-0)

8 )New England Patriots (2-1)

9) Baltimore Ravens (2-1)

10) San Francisco 49ers (2-1)

11) Los Angeles Rams (2-1)

12) New Orleans Saints (1-2)

13) Chicago Bears (3-0)

14) Arizona Cardinals (2-1)

15) Cleveland Browns (2-1) 

16) Las Vegas Raiders (2-1)

17) Indianapolis Colts (2-1)

18) Dallas Cowboys (1-2)

19) Los Angeles Chargers (1-2)

20) Minnesota Vikings (0-3)

21) Houston Texans (0-3)

22) Washington Football Team (1-2)

23) Philadelphia Eagles (0-2-1)

24) Detroit Lions (1-2)

25) Miami Dolphins (1-2)

26) Atlanta Falcons (0-3)

27) Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2)

28) Denver Broncos (0-3)

29) Cincinnati Bengals (0-2-1)

30) Carolina Panthers (1-2)

31) New York Jets (0-3)

32) New York Giants (0-3)

Notes:

- Seattles defense isn’t good enough for Top 2 imo. 

- People are extremely sleeping on both the Steelers and Buccaneers. I mean really sleeping. These are two VERY balanced squads. Both have a Top 6-7ish defense. Ben looks like he’s having a great year as is Connor. Tom Brady looked like his Top 5 self in his most recent game, and the most stacked weapon core in the NFL. 

- Titans are underrated. The Tannehil/Henry combo has been real nice since day one. They massively compliment each other. 

- Ravens are a solid playoff squad, but I don’t think they are as dominant as last year. Still a very very good team though. 

- 49ers are straight up dominant even without Jimmy and Bosa. Shame they lost both, probably won’t get too far without Bosa. 

- Bears are one of the worser 3-0 teams I’ve witnessed in my day. Solid squad though for sure. 

- Saints have had a brutal schedule. Very good team and still a playoff team. 

- Texans and Vikings are two of the better 0-3 teams I have seen throughout my life. Kind of ironic they play each other this week. 

- NFCE the worst division in football as always, minus the Philly SB year. 

Raiders, Colts, and Browns are not very good 2-1 teams. They are all .500 squads. I think the Browns have a shot at 9-7 but these squads are not all that great. 

- Giants and Jets are by far the worst teams in the league right now. Good job New York... your football programs are a clown show. I’m actually in the minority thinking the Giants are slightly worse. 

Think I covered most of what I might be questioned on. 

Good season so far. 

Edited by BayRaider

I like to do my power ranking on team quality and how I rate their chances of getting to a Super Bowl to avoid putting too much emphasis on current record and short-term injuries. So with that in mind: 

1. Chiefs
--------
2. Saints
3. 49ers
4. Ravens
5. Bucs
6. Packers
7. Bills
---------- 
8. Seahawks
9. Steelers
10. Titans
11. Colts
12. Cowboys
--------
13. Eagles
14. Patriots
15. Bears
16. Cardinals
17. Texans
18. Rams
19. Raiders
20. Browns
21. Falcons
22. Lions
23. Chargers
24. Vikings
--------
25. Panthers
26. Bengals
27. Jaguars
28. Giants
29. Broncos
30. Washington
31. Dolphins
32. Jets

NFL Week 3 Hierarchy (according to me):

1 Kansas City Chiefs

2 Seattle Seahawks

3 Baltimore Ravens

4 Green Bay Packers

5 Buffalo Bills

6 Pittsburgh Steelers

7 Los Angeles Rams

8 New England Patriots

9 Tennessee Titans

10 Tampa Bay Bucs

Notes:

Ravens didnt drop much because yes they got embarrassed on MNF but it was against the defending Superbowl champs and the one team that they seem to cant beat and thats the Chiefs who is my new number one team. Outside of the Chiefs the Ravens are (21-1) in the regular season against every other team.

Bills jumped in the top 5. Impressive performance by Josh Allen. He is looking like a legit MVP candidate and this offense is hard to stop. The defense doesnt have to be lights out every game for them to still win against team. Thats scary for the league.

Rams didnt fall too far down because I feel like their offense is looking like the 2018 offense with the ability to run the football (3rd in the NFL in rushing yards and 1st in the NFL is rushing attempts to go along with 2nd in the NFL in rushing tds). The issue obviously is the defense takes awhile to get going in games even though they are a great second half team in adjustments and the kicking game is shaky. Hopefully the rookie Sloman can get better as the season goes along but in general the Rams dont have many flaws. They will be in the conversation in the NFC in terms of NFCCG and possibly the Superbowl.

Bucs made my first appearance in the top 10. They beat a bad team in Denver but in general the Bucs are a team that will only continue to get better and better and be scary at the end because the defense is legit and the offense with Brady will at worst be steady and good. At best the offense will be scary and unstoppable. 

9 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Notes:

-

I honestly don’t think the Packers do either though. Was a coin flip, but I think head to head Seahawks take the Packers 

Edited by Chiefer

5 hours ago, evilflamingo said:

I like to do my power ranking on team quality and how I rate their chances of getting to a Super Bowl to avoid putting too much emphasis on current record and short-term injuries. So with that in mind: 

25. Panthers
26. Bengals
27. Jaguars
28. Giants
29. Broncos
30. Washington
31. Dolphins
32. Jets

Miami went to JAX and won by 18 recently.

1. Chiefs 

They have the best QB, Andy Reid, a great overall offense, and the defense to give them that title again. 

2. Seahawks 

I would have picked the Ravens as 2nd, but after how they did against the Chiefs, I do think the Seahawks would beat the Ravens straight up. The Seahawks do worry me a little on defense, but with the way Wilson is playing it certainly helps out. 

3. Ravens

I will give the Ravens the 3rd spot here, given that I think they can bounce back and beat just about everyone else. Don't count them out yet, especially after a loss.

4. Packers 

I don't want to put them this high, but it is hard not to after beating the Saints. Their defense does not impress me whatsoever, but their offense is finally back to their full form, which is scary come playoff time in Green Bay.

5. Steelers 

With Big Ben healthy and a good defense, I have them at number 5. They did very well last year given the circumstances, and now with Big Ben back I would watch out for them. They are balanced, and they are scary.

6. Patriots 

Even without Brady this team still has it. They might not be the overwhelming favorites like they usually are with a prime Tom Brady, but this team still can grind out wins with Belichick. 

7. Bucs

The defense is good and Brady has impressed me a bit recently. However, I still need to see them against the Packers and the Chiefs before I can give them a higher slot than they are. 

8. Bills

Similar to the Bucs in that I need to see more from them before I can rank them higher, however I do have a little less confidence in them since I still have my wonders about whether or not they can finish above the Patriots.

9. Saints

I am probably underrating them, but I am unsure if Brees can finish the season strong. If he can I will likely rate them above some of the other teams, but until then they will rank here. 

10. Rams

I would rank the Titans here, but given the Corona stuff going on I will give it to the Rams. 49ers also should be higher, but injuries right now keep them down, although they are very impressive when healthy. 

Edited by NeptunePenguins

10 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:
  1. Chiefs
  2. Seahawks
  3. Packers
  4. Ravens
  5. Bills
  6. Rams
  7. Steelers
  8. Bucs
  9. Titans
  10. Patriots
  11. Cardinals
  12. Saints
  13. Cowboys
  14. Bears
  15. Colts
  16. Raiders
  17. Chargers
  18. Browns
  19. Texans
  20. 49ers
  21. Lions
  22. Panthers
  23. Dolphins
  24. Jaguars
  25. Falcons
  26. Vikings
  27. Football Team
  28. Broncos
  29. Eagles
  30. Bengals
  31. Giants
  32. Jets

Niners aren’t all of a sudden #20 without Jimmy and Bosa. You’re really overrating Jimmy lol. He’s not very good at all. 

6 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

I get that the Titans are 3-0 but have they really looked like a top 10 team? A few plays go the other way and it’s 0-3 or 1-2.

Something go wrong like missing three FG's and an extra point in week one? Like missing our #1 WR and our #1 CB?

On 9/30/2020 at 12:38 AM, BayRaider said:

1) Kansas City Chiefs (3-0)

2) Green Bay Packers (3-0)

3) Buffalo Bills (3-0)

4) Seattle Seahawks (3-0)

5) Pittsburgh Steelers (3-0)

6) Tampa Bay Buccaneers (2-1)

7) Tennessee Titans (3-0)

8 )New England Patriots (2-1)

9) Baltimore Ravens (2-1)

10) San Francisco 49ers (2-1)

11) Los Angeles Rams (2-1)

12) New Orleans Saints (1-2)

13) Chicago Bears (3-0)

14) Arizona Cardinals (2-1)

15) Cleveland Browns (2-1) 

16) Las Vegas Raiders (2-1)

17) Indianapolis Colts (2-1)

18) Dallas Cowboys (1-2)

19) Los Angeles Chargers (1-2)

20) Minnesota Vikings (0-3)

21) Houston Texans (0-3)

22) Washington Football Team (1-2)

23) Philadelphia Eagles (0-2-1)

24) Detroit Lions (1-2)

25) Miami Dolphins (1-2)

26) Atlanta Falcons (0-3)

27) Jacksonville Jaguars (1-2)

28) Denver Broncos (0-3)

29) Cincinnati Bengals (0-2-1)

30) Carolina Panthers (1-2)

31) New York Jets (0-3)

32) New York Giants (0-3)

Notes:

- People are extremely sleeping on both the Steelers and Buccaneers. I mean really sleeping. These are two VERY balanced squads. Both have a Top 6-7ish defense. Ben looks like he’s having a great year as is Connor. Tom Brady looked like his Top 5 self in his most recent game, and the most stacked weapon core in the NFL. 

- Titans are underrated. The Tannehil/Henry combo has been real nice since day one. They massively compliment each other. 

- Ravens are a solid playoff squad, but I don’t think they are as dominant as last year. Still a very very good team though. 

- 49ers are straight up dominant even without Jimmy and Bosa. Shame they lost both, probably won’t get too far without Bosa. 

- Bears are one of the worser 3-0 teams I’ve witnessed in my day. Solid squad though for sure. 

- Saints have had a brutal schedule. Very good team and still a playoff team. 

- Texans and Vikings are two of the better 0-3 teams I have seen throughout my life. Kind of ironic they play each other this week. 

- NFCE the worst division in football as always, minus the Philly SB year. 

Raiders, Colts, and Browns are not very good 2-1 teams. They are all .500 squads. I think the Browns have a shot at 9-7 but these squads are not all that great. 

- Giants and Jets are by far the worst teams in the league right now. Good job New York... your football programs are a clown show. I’m actually in the minority thinking the Giants are slightly worse. 

Think I covered most of what I might be questioned on. 

Good season so far. 

I'm not sure how anybody who watched the Rams-Bills game could put us at #11 and the Bills at #3. But okay.

On 9/30/2020 at 4:58 AM, evilflamingo said:

1. Chiefs
--------
2. Saints
3. 49ers
4. Ravens
5. Bucs
6. Packers
7. Bills
---------- 
8. Seahawks
9. Steelers
10. Titans
11. Colts
12. Cowboys
--------
13. Eagles
14. Patriots
15. Bears
16. Cardinals
17. Texans
18. Rams
19. Raiders
20. Browns
21. Falcons
22. Lions
23. Chargers
24. Vikings
--------
25. Panthers
26. Bengals
27. Jaguars
28. Giants
29. Broncos
30. Washington
31. Dolphins
32. Jets

Are you trolling? We (the Rams) beat the Eagles by three scores in their house.

18 hours ago, jrry32 said:

I'm not sure how anybody who watched the Rams-Bills game could put us at #11 and the Bills at #3. But okay.

Are you trolling? We (the Rams) beat the Eagles by three scores in their house.

I don’t agree with your logic. A #3 and #11 team can come within one play of beating each other. Heck, even #1 and #32. I’m taking all 3 weeks into account, and to a lesser extent, rosters and coaches. 

Saints are 1-2 and loss to the Raiders. Raiders are 2-1. That game also wasn’t that close. Do I think the Raiders are a better team...? No. I really don’t. 

Some teams matchup better with others, doesn’t mean they are automatically better. Let’s say the Jaguars for some reason matchup incredibly well against the Chiefs. In this situation, let’s say the Jags are the 32nd team and Chiefs are the 1st team. Jags are a bad personnel and stylistic matchup for the Chiefs and beat them but they would lose to all 31 other teams. Are Jags better than the Chiefs? Not even close. I realize this is an extreme example and perhaps not overly realistic, but you get the point. 

Rams are a bad matchup for the Bills, and just because they came within one play, doesn’t exactly mean they are neck and neck. Then again, you can always argue that #1 through #12 or so, can always have close games with each other as well, and are actually close, because of the parity in the NFL. 

At the end of the day, just an opinion.