The Survivalist Thread

Uncle Buck

Lately, I've been starting to worry about the state of the economy and all the tension with North Korea/China/Russia, etc.  I own some silver and just bought some gold too.  I also just purchased a .12 gauge shotgun for home defense, and I think my next purchase is going to be a gun safe, in which I can store valuables.

I am also putting together a "Bug Out Bag", to hold things that would come in handy if it became necessary to go out into the woods and survive for a while.  I just watched the following video that provides a pretty good start.

I was thinking that it would be good to share ideas with other members on FF to see what you think.  Feel free to add any ideas!

I’m not a survivalist or prepper by any means, but I do have a bag of gear for a quick and easy escape from time to time. I’ll just go out into the woods for a weekend if I need a break from everything, but I’m not really preparing for any economic collapse or state of unrest any time soon.

@Uncle Buck have you seen the Primitive Technology series on YouTube? Might be something that’s right up your alley. I enjoy the videos a lot.

I'll have to check out those videos, Dome.  I used to be more into the idea of being ready to go out into the wilderness, kind of like the old movie "Red Dawn", but now that I'm 53 years old I've come to the realization that my age is going to make doing that a lot more difficult than it would have been 20-30 years ago.  At this point, I'm thinking it might be better to prepare more for economic collapse and hope that we can all stay in our houses at least. 

Archived