Was Barry Switzer a Horrible Head Coach?

TL-TwoWinsAway

Was Barry Switzer a Horrible Head Coach?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Was Barry Switzer a Horrible Head Coach?

• Yes
    • No

On 11/29/2020 at 7:27 AM, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

My slender baby farts.

I don't know much about Switzer, other than what I've read on the internet. He inherited a great team, went 12-4 in back-to-back seasons and won a Super Bowl? (He then got fired during year 3 after some sort of interaction with law enforcement.)

What's the argument for him being a horrible coach? (Sincere question.)

I can't remember if he was fired because of the legal problem he created. I want to say he finished the season but wasn't retained. I could be mistaken tho.

What I do know is his legal "interaction" was he got caught going thru airport security with a handgun in his carry on bag. He says "he forgot" it was in there, as does everyone. I believe he was actually dumb to actually put it n the bag. I don't think he "forgot" it was in there.

As already stated. He won that SB off of JJ's team. Who remembers the 2 failed (back to back) 4th and 1 attempts in our own end in Philly. Somehow we had a second shot at it after the 1st attempt failed. Maybe a late TO or something. He tried it again the following play and failed that one as well. Grant he wasn't on the field blocking, but that sticks out to me for some reason.

Edited by HDsportsfan
  • Like 1