Levi Onwuzurike DT selected 41st overall

Louis Friend

3 hours ago, Just Want A Title said:

Michael Brockers is 30-years old.  He still has some tread on the tires but we shouldn't be caught flat-footed if his play drops off or injuries become a concern.  The lack of sacks with Onwuzurike is a concern but he is good against the run and pretty disruptive.  His QB sack production should improve over time.  This wasn't a great year for DTs but  I think the Lions got two solid players at good draft slots.

I wouldn’t really be concerned about his sack production considering how often he lined up in a zero technique facing constant double teams and getting push at 290 lbs.  I’ll admit I slept on him pre draft for a lot of the reasons you mentioned.  His film isn’t as exciting because he lines up at nose so often and who wants a 290 lbs nt?

Maybe I’m just convincing myself after the fact but I absolutely love this pick after a post draft deep dive.  I think we forget sometimes when watching the opt out kids film that likely would have significantly improved had they played.  This kid had all the tells of player who was about to break out in a major way had he played in 2020.  I feel like had he played and been used more properly (3 and 5 tech) we would be talking about a top 15 pick.  He has dominant Chris Jones type potential as a 3.  Great f’n pick and I’m ashamed I slept on him before

• Like 2