Nigel Bradham will be new defensive signal caller

Phire

Typically the middle linebacker calls out the signals and aligns the defensive linemen in front of him, in part because of his perspective of the field as well as being lined up directly over the opposing quarterback who could also be changing the offense based on the look shown by the defense pre-snap.

Those responsibilities to get the calls and set the defense will now fall to Nigel Bradham, although the plan currently is not to move Bradham from his outside linebacker job when the Eagles are in their base 4-3, which is a bit of a surprise.

"I'm going to the tight end anyway," Bradham said. "That's where I align. Me, automatically looking when we come out of the huddle, where [the tight end] is going, that's where I'm going, anyway. I'm going to the call."

This has to have long term implications. the more valuable a guy like Bradham gets the more likely the Eagles will feel pressure to lock him up long term.

Bradham has been a BEAST and I have full confidence in his ability to get guys lined up.

Y'know this whole Jordan Hicks injury makes be 10 million times more happy than I already was that we DIDN'T trade Kendricks. Bradham has been balling out so it's well deserved. Somewhat surprised they didn't give the nod to Kendricks seeing as he's had experience on the inside.

Archived