CB Avonte Maddox extended 3 year, 22.5M

Jroc04

On 11/21/2021 at 2:54 PM, Jroc04 said:

With the emergence of TJ Edwards you can accept a 3rd I think. But that 3rd would have to make an impact. I think Dillard can start. He may not be the dominant guy for you but not everyone can have those guys. Id be in no rush to trade him, we have cap room and it’s nice to have a good backup. Howie can wait and Sam Bradford someone if their LT goes down. So a 2 may be doable. Dillard went from good pick to bust to ok pick. There’s room to make it a good pick still. 

I agree that the Eagles should not be in a rush to trade Dillard. A team would have to blow the Eagles away with an offer for me to approve of trading Dillard while he's under his rookie contract. He seems to be at the very least a serviceable starting LT and being even an average starter at one of the league's premier positions makes a player valuable. As far as the Maddox deal goes, I'm happy to be able to the Eagles were able to retain him on what seems to be a very reasonable deal. They finally seem to be using him correctly as the Nickel. His versatility and experience makes him a valuable piece to the defense. His best spot is at Nickel but he has experience playing Safety and boundary Cornerback.