Now That We Know Mock

Bobby816

24 minutes ago, jetsfan4life51 said:

Burks at 10!  I would much rather take him at 10 but I also like the hypothetical of getting a future 1st and taking whatever WR is leftover.

2 weeks ago I'd had Williams here bc I think he would've tore up the combine and solidified himself in this area. But an ACL tear obviously will move him down (whoever gets him late in Round 1 is getting a steal FYI). But I think Burks' skill set is just too good. No weakness. I like guys like Wilson and Olave... but they're not dynamic IMO. Trust me I'd gladly welcome them to our team... but I just think Burks is perfect for this offense. 

On 1/18/2022 at 9:38 PM, KimuraGod said:

I’m working on looking through draft prospects currently so can’t say for sure on most of the picks although I like the overall direction you have us in. Getting more help both on the o-line and in the weapons for Zach I think is crucial. 

Im not a fan of picking the third pass rusher with the 4th pick. Haven’t done enough research yet but the reports are the drop off between Hutch/Thib to Karlaftis is huge. If that’s the case and we want a pass rusher then I’m trading up to get one of the two big boys. 

Something to think about in this draft, which of the top players can impact the Jets and bring them into "elite" status fastest. For me its the OL, if the Jets go OL in round one with Green/Linderbaum or Ekwonu/Linderbaum the OL becomes elite and the Jets just gave Wilson another 2-4 more seconds to pass. So you have Becton, AVT, Linderbaum,Green or Ekwonu and Fant etc. In rounds 2-5 shore up the D and grab yourself a top TE or 2. FA is going to be big going into the off season. 

The Jets need a few quality LB's as well, get some quality LB's the Jets have a poor LB crew with the lone exception being Mosley. Give Mosley some gifted LB's and then you will see the pro bowl player of a few years ago. As he will not have to carry the D on his back.

4 minutes ago, Big T said:

Something to think about in this draft, which of the top players can impact the Jets and bring them into "elite" status fastest. For me its the OL, if the Jets go OL in round one with Green/Linderbaum or Ekwonu/Linderbaum the OL becomes elite and the Jets just gave Wilson another 2-4 more seconds to pass. So you have Becton, AVT, Linderbaum,Green or Ekwonu and Fant etc. In rounds 2-5 shore up the D and grab yourself a top TE or 2. FA is going to be big going into the off season. 

The Jets need a few quality LB's as well, get some quality LB's the Jets have a poor LB crew with the lone exception being Mosley. Give Mosley some gifted LB's and then you will see the pro bowl player of a few years ago. As he will not have to carry the D on his back.

Don’t disagree with you. If I was GM I’d draft Neal at 4 and Lindy at 10 and cut McGovern and start Neal at RG as a rookie and eventually move him to OT (after we move on from Fant or if Becton doesn’t pan out). Giving us an elite young OL for a decade. Grab at WR and DE in Round 2. But I don’t do these mocks in how I want them done. I do them in how I think the off-season might go.

• Like 1