Now That We Know Mock

Bobby816

So I'll start by saying that when I do my Mocks... they're not always what I "want" to happen. They're more of what I think will happen., so here we go.

Free Agency we have about 60mill in cap space. And that's before we make more cuts. So I expect the number to be more around the 65-70mill number when it's all said and done. The draft will cost us around 18mill and you always like to have some wiggle room with cap, so we heads into FA with realistically around 45-50mill. And we do want to resign a few guys like Berrios and such, So lets say we have around 35mill to work with after we sign our own.

Notable Signings

FS: Marcus Williams: This is our big splash in FA. For starters we should've just drafted him instead of Maye 4 years ago. But NO cant afford him really. And we need S help. He's still only 25 and is hitting his prime. So he's worth the money.

RG: Connor Williams: Plug and play RG for us. You'll see how this OL shakes out after my whole mock. But he's still young and is a building block to us having an great OL.

TE: David Njoku: Probably the best TE on the market that will be realistically available. Why is he available? Bc CLE is already paying Hooper. We convince him to play with us with young pieces on offense and him being the main and only main man for us at TE (think Kittle lite). Wilson needs TE help bad.

LB: Kyzir White: rangy LB that can cover and tackle. Can flourish in our system. Has the size and speed to play LB for us.

NFL Draft

1. George Karlaftis (DE/Purdue): Not a fan favorite pick I know. But my thoughts on this is that we value the LOS. Karlaftis is a good DLineman. His sack numbers aren't great, but he faced a lot of double teams. We cant forget we get Lawson back and still have Huff for that speed around the Edge. Karlaftis offers more that power and strong hands DE presence that should compliment us well. I also think his speed and burst is underrated as of now. I should note that I have this as the pick with both Hutch and Kayvon gone. I'm not just drafting Karlaftis over them. This also allows us to move JFM to the interior where he's more disruptive. 

1. (from SEA) Treylon Burks (WR/Arkansas): We get Wilson his favorite weapon here. Burks is quite frankly great at everything. At 6'3" 225lbs he's big enough that he uses his body to box out defenders and win balls in the air. But that's not it with him... he's best in short routes just getting the ball in his hand. That's where he shows that he's unique in how quick and fast he is for his size. Think of him is a bigger Deebo Samuel in our copycat SF offense. Giving Wilson Burks and Moore as young WRs that play differently is great for him to succeed. 

2. Daxton Hill (S/Michigan): Hill is that ball hawk/can tackle, do it all S we need. There's no secret that S is an issue for us and we get a star in Williams in FA and now we add Hill to start beside him. Keep Davis around as depth, but Hill make no question is our starting S. I see no weakness is Hill's game as a S, which is rare. Our defense likes both Ss to play multiple roles. And thats exactly what he have with Williams and Hill now.

2. (from CAR) Tre McBride (TE/Colorado State): Yes we continue to give Wilson weapons. Njoku isn't a slam dunk answer for us at TE and having multiple good TEs allows us to be more creative. McBride is an older prospect (He's 23)... but he's ready to play right away in the NFL. No weakness to his game. Does everything well. This allows Wilson to have weapons in all phases of the game.

3. Chad Muma (LB/Wyoming): Bis LB that moves great. Can cover and play in the box. Mosley, White and Muma is a big difference for us at LB. Makes that phase of our game not a weakness anymore, Muma is also the future for us at LB. Learns to lead from Mosley. This also allows our developing LBs in Nas and Sherwood more time to develop and transition. 

4. Alec Lindstrom (C/Boston College): McGovern was actually pretty good at C this year, that's why we don't draft Linderbaum at 10. That doesn't mean we don't address C. We draft our future starter at C in Lindstrom in this mid round area. Gives us depth at C and he can play G as well. Make no question that after the 2022 season that he will be our starting C though. He moves great for a C, which is perfect for us.

4. Hassan Haskins (RB/Michigan): I LOVE Carter and think he takes a big leap next year. But we need a power back to compliment him. Haskins fits that for us at 6'1" 220lbs. Your typical downhill between the tackles RB. This gives us a nice young RB duo that do things different.

5. Akayleb Evans (CB/Missouri): Developmental perimeter CB for us. Great size at 6'2" 200lbs and likes to play physical. I think our theme will be to keep drafting CBs in this range and work with them. Hall is a legit outside CB and MC2 is a good slot CB. Echols I'm not as high on as others, but these kids are getting better and better. Evans helps with depth and just overall a competitive CB room that's hungry to play. With our LKB group and S group much improved the CBs wont have as much pressure on them as they did. 

5. Ali Gaye (DE/LSU): Developmental DE for us. He's very raw and his play speed isn't quite there. But it's not a talent issue with him. So maybe our staff can catch lightning with him and he can mix in with our DE group. 

This now makes our starters....

QB: Wilson

RB: Carter, Haskins

WR: Davis, Burks, Moore, Berrios, Mims

TE: Njoku, McBride

LT: Becton

LG: AVT

OC: McGovern

RG: C. Williams

RT: Fant

DE: Lawson, Huff

DT: Q. Williams

DT: JFM, Foley

DE: Karlaftis, 

LB: Mosley, K.White, Muma

CB: Hall, MC2, Echols, Guidry, Dunn, Evans

S: Williams, Hill, Davis, Pinnock

What stands out?

We have a complete offense now. The OL should be good with Becton back and adding Williams at RG. Carter in year 2 should thrive IMO. At WR we have a great starting 4 in Davis, Burks, Moore and Berrios. All can play different roles as well. Gives Wilson several options in guys that can win 1 on 1 battles. Furthermore we open the game up with now 2 good TEs in Njoku and McBride. opening up the middle of the field and giving Wilson some bigger targets. Having weapons in all phases of the game helps everyone and is putting Wilson in the best situation to succeed.

On Defense we get Lawson back at DE and get a bookend in Karlaftis. Add Q and JFM in the interior and we can get after the passer now. We upgrade at LB with adding White in FA who fits this system and Muma as well in the draft. That 2nd level of tackling and recognizing plays was a huge weakness for us and this should help fix that. Where's our biggest haul? At S. We get a premiere FA in Williams at S and draft Hill no top of that. Guys who can interchange as FS and SS that are great in coverage and can tackle. Making what was the biggest weakness for us in the middle of the field, now a strength.

IMO this offseason really sets this team up to turn the corner. Not saying we make the playoffs with this young team. But I think we get closer to that .500 area. Which is a big leap for us given we've only won 6 games the last 2 years. LaFleur should have fun with the playmakers and I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone after the 2022 season getting a HC gig after making this offense legit.

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

So I'll start by saying that when I do my Mocks... they're not always what I "want" to happen. They're more of what I think will happen., so here we go.

Free Agency we have about 60mill in cap space. And that's before we make more cuts. So I expect the number to be more around the 65-70mill number when it's all said and done. The draft will cost us around 18mill and you always like to have some wiggle room with cap, so we heads into FA with realistically around 45-50mill. And we do want to resign a few guys like Berrios and such, So lets say we have around 35mill to work with after we sign our own.

Notable Signings

FS: Marcus Williams: This is our big splash in FA. For starters we should've just drafted him instead of Maye 4 years ago. But NO cant afford him really. And we need S help. He's still only 25 and is hitting his prime. So he's worth the money.

RG: Connor Williams: Plug and play RG for us. You'll see how this OL shakes out after my whole mock. But he's still young and is a building block to us having an great OL. Plays at a pro bowl level.

TE: David Njoku: Probably the best TE on the market that will be realistically available. Why is he available? Bc CLE is already paying Hooper. We convince him to play with us with young pieces on offense and him being the main and only main man for us at TE (think Kittle lite). Wilson needs TE help bad.

LB: Kyzir White: rangy LB that can cover and tackle. Can flourish in our system. Has the size and speed to play LB for us.

NFL Draft

1. George Karlaftis (DE/Purdue): Not a fan favorite pick I know. But my thoughts on this is that we value the LOS. Karlaftis is a good DLineman. His sack numbers aren't great, but he faced a lot of double teams. We cant forget we get Lawson back and still have Huff for that speed around the Edge. Karlaftis offers more that power and strong hands DE presence that should compliment us well. I also think his speed and burst is underrated as of now. I should note that I have this as the pick with both Hutch and Kayvon gone. I'm not just drafting Karlaftis over them. This also allows us to move JFM to the interior where he's more disruptive. 

1. (from SEA) Treylon Burks (WR/Arkansas): We get Wilson his favorite weapon here. Burks is quite frankly great at everything. At 6'3" 225lbs he's big enough that he uses his body to box out defenders and win balls in the air. But that's not it with him... he's best in short routes just getting the ball in his hand. That's where he shows that he's unique in how quick and fast he is for his size. Think of him is a bigger Deebo Samuel in our copycat SF offense. Giving Wilson Burks and Moore as young WRs that play differently is great for him to succeed. 

2. Daxton Hill (S/Michigan): Hill is that ball hawk/can tackle, do it all S we need. There's no secret that S is an issue for us and we get a star in Williams in FA and now we add Hill to start beside him. Keep Davis around as depth, but Hill make no question is our starting S. I see no weakness is Hill's game as a S, which is rare. Our defense likes both Ss to play multiple roles. And thats exactly what he have with Williams and Hill now.

2. (from CAR) Tre McBride (TE/Colorado State): Yes we continue to give Wilson weapons. Njoku isn't a slam dunk answer for us at TE and having multiple good TEs allows us to be more creative. McBride is an older prospect (He's 23)... but he's ready to play right away in the NFL. No weakness to his game. Does everything well. This allows Wilson to have weapons in all phases of the game.

3. Chad Muma (LB/Wyoming): Bis LB that moves great. Can cover and play in the box. Mosley, White and Muma is a big difference for us at LB. Makes that phase of our game not a weakness anymore, Muma is also the future for us at LB. Learns to lead from Mosley. This also allows our developing LBs in Nas and Sherwood more time to develop and transition. 

4. Alec Lindstrom (C/Boston College): McGovern was actually pretty good at C this year, that's why we don't draft Linderbaum at 10. That doesn't mean we don't address C. We draft our future starter at C in Lindstrom in this mid round area. Gives us depth at C and he can play G as well. Make no question that after the 2022 season that he will be our starting C though. He moves great for a C, which is perfect for us.

4. Hassan Haskins (RB/Michigan): I LOVE Carter and think he takes a big leap next year. But we need a power back to compliment him. Haskins fits that for us at 6'1" 220lbs. Your typical downhill between the tackles RB. This gives us a nice young RB duo that do things different.

5. Akayleb Evans (CB/Missouri): Developmental perimeter CB for us. Great size at 6'2" 200lbs and likes to play physical. I think our theme will be to keep drafting CBs in this range and work with them. Hall is a legit outside CB and MC2 is a good slot CB. Echols I'm not as high on as others, but these kids are getting better and better. Evans helps with depth and just overall a competitive CB room that's hungry to play. With our LKB group and S group much improved the CBs wont have as much pressure on them as they did. 

5. Ali Gaye (DE/LSU): Developmental DE for us. He's very raw and his play speed isn't quite there. But it's not a talent issue with him. So maybe our staff can catch lightning with him and he can mix in with our DE group. 

This now makes our starters....

QB: Wilson

RB: Carter, Haskins

WR: Davis, Burks, Moore, Berrios, Mims

TE: Njoku, McBride

LT: Becton

LG: AVT

OC: McGovern

RG: C. Williams

RT: Fant

DE: Lawson, Huff

DT: Q. Williams

DT: JFM, 

DE: Karlaftis, 

LB: Mosley, K.White, Muma

CB: Hall, MC2, Echols, Guidry, Dunn, Evans

S: Williams, Hill, Davis, Pinnock

What stands out?

We have a complete offense now. The OL should be good with Becton back and adding Williams at RG. Carter in year 2 should thrive IMO. At WR we have a great starting 4 in Davis, Burks, Moore and Berrios. All can play different roles as well. Gives Wilson several options in guys that can win 1 on 1 battles. Furthermore we open the game up with now 2 good TEs in Njoku and McBride. opening up the middle of the field and giving Wilson some bigger targets. Having weapons in all phases of the game helps everyone and is putting Wilson in the best situation to succeed.

On Defense we get Lawson back at DE and get a bookend in Karlaftis. Add Q and JFM in the interior and we can get after the passer now. We upgrade at LB with adding White in FA who fits this system and Muma as well in the draft. That 2nd level of tackling and recognizing plays was a huge weakness for us and this should help fix that. Where's our biggest haul? At S. We get a premiere FA in Williams at S and draft Hill no top of that. Guys who can interchange as FS and SS that are great in coverage and can tackle. Making what was the biggest weakness for us in the middle of the field, now a strength.

IMO this offseason really sets this team up to turn the corner. Not saying we make the playoffs with this young team. But I think we get closer to that .500 area. Which is a big leap for us given we've only won 6 games the last 2 years. LaFleur should have fun with the playmakers and I wouldn't be surprised to see him gone after the 2022 season getting a HC gig after making this offense legit.

Williams was the most penalized G in the NFL this year. Just an update. DT Leal before Karlaftis as there are DE/OLB in round 2 that could fill that need. S could be switched out for a CB especially if the Jets can or will sign Maye. I like Hamilton at S and CB Gardner in round one. I would definitely be on board with that. Likewise Green at G with Linderbaum in round one. There are so many ways to go. But not a bad draft all and all.

Wow I would be so mad if this is what they drafted. I hate taking a WR round 1. We are fine at WR. If they can stay on the field we will be fine there. The Purdue guy at 4 will not happen. I just don't see 3 edge guys going top 4. That just does not happen. A QB will go in the top 4 I think (Pickett). I also think a CB might sneak in there too.

46 minutes ago, Big T said:

Williams was the most penalized G in the NFL this year. Just an update. DT Leal before Karlaftis as there are DE/OLB in round 2 that could fill that need. S could be switched out for a CB especially if the Jets can or will sign Maye. I like Hamilton at S and CB Gardner in round one. I would definitely be on board with that. Likewise Green at G with Linderbaum in round one. There are so many ways to go. But not a bad draft all and all.

Here's the deal. What you want or like isn't the way we draft. If I did a mock draft the way I'd 100% like it'd be different than this. But I do my mocks based on what our GM values, has a past of, who fits our system and such. You can say all you want that you want Leal at 4... but I'd bet my retirement we don't draft him. Edge 100% is a huge need for us and I see no way we don't spend the 4th or 10th pick not on one. You don't have to agree with it... but the odds are likely we do. Maye 100% wont be resigned. Watch JD talk about him. He hasn't once said he'd love to have him back. We didn't offer him the money he wanted and he isn't that young coming off a rookie contract (Williams who I have us getting who was in the same draft class as Maye is 25 and Maye will be 29 in a month). Once again... you like Gardner (so do I). But this system doesn't value CB enough to use a top 10 pick on one. Look at the production we got out of guys like Hall, MC2 and Echols this year (all later round guys). Expect CB to be drafted in that area, not at the top of the draft. I could see us going Lindy at 10. And I wouldn't hate it. But lets not forget that McGovern had a good season for us at C with poor RG play most the season. And when we benched GVR, McGovern looked even better. Yes we could slide McGovern to RG and play Lindy at C and I wouldn't hate that. But I just see us going in a different direction. 

I like the idea of a RG or EDGE in FA, but not Williams.  He is the weak link on Dallas' line.  I'd rather Daniels, Hernandez or Cappa if they shake free.  But I think after FA is over, JD will have acquired a RG.  I wonder about WR at 10.  I think Crowder, Moore, and Davis only played like 38 snaps together with Zach at QB.  I don't think JD will resign Crowder, but could Berrios fit that spot?  Could WR be more of a SRP / TRP scenario given the lack of time the 4 starters were on the field together.  I would love Lindstrom but I just can't se him getting out of round 2.  Perhaps we even draft him there.  McBride and Muma? Yes, please.

One question, if we think JD will get a "power" back, why release Adams?  Couldn't Bawden fill that role especially with a full TC with the Jets?

Love everything, except Karlaftis, but I understand your reasoning and I honestly think it will happen too.  

I don't know much about Muma, I would rather grab a better talent in the 2nd and grab a TE later, but I won't nitpick.  If this happened in real life it gets a B+ from me and overall seal of approval.  I just really don't want Karlaftis.  I'd rather reach on Ojabo and then give this an A.

It's hard not to pick Linderbaum but if we know we can get Lindstrom that late then it's great value.

I really like this route. I think DE needs to be addressed and the need may out way the talent that we have in front of us when we pick.  Question is Karlaftis that much better than a guy we can get at 2a.

I think the safety position is a huge question mark for us and was wondering if there was a scenario in which we go CB/WR (Gardener/Burks) in round one and relocate MC2 to a safety spot (someone who has shown to be able to do it all early on). Letting us address DE at our 2a. 

I’m working on looking through draft prospects currently so can’t say for sure on most of the picks although I like the overall direction you have us in. Getting more help both on the o-line and in the weapons for Zach I think is crucial. 

Im not a fan of picking the third pass rusher with the 4th pick. Haven’t done enough research yet but the reports are the drop off between Hutch/Thib to Karlaftis is huge. If that’s the case and we want a pass rusher then I’m trading up to get one of the two big boys. 

I like Karlaftis a bunch so I’m cool with him at 4, I’m more of a Garrett Wilson/Chris Olave fan so I’d rather go with one of them over Burks but looking at the positions you addressed in FA I’d definitely be on board with a WR at 10

10 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Solid. I think there’s something to be done at Corner, Njoku is talented but hasn’t thrived in Cleveland in a system similar to ours that puts more emphasis on Tight Ends. Would Williams want to switch to RG, that has to be considered. Moving Fant back to RT is counterintuitive IMO. 

I agree with Fant. He proved this last year he should be the starting LT IMO. Becton has to earn that other OT spot. 

On 1/18/2022 at 2:57 PM, jetfuel34 said:

Wow I would be so mad if this is what they drafted. I hate taking a WR round 1. We are fine at WR. If they can stay on the field we will be fine there. The Purdue guy at 4 will not happen. I just don't see 3 edge guys going top 4. That just does not happen. A QB will go in the top 4 I think (Pickett). I also think a CB might sneak in there too.

https://berich.eu/crypto-revolt-czym-jest-opinie-i-wnioski/

Seriously? You took it out of my mouth.

Edited by AlbertGrytzha

12 hours ago, AlbertGrytzha said:

Seriously? You took it out of my mouth.

Except you're failing to realize how good 1st Round WR investments have been for teams recently. Hence why they've been darn near 20% of teams 1st round picks the last few drafts. It's helped young QBs a ton as well.

1st Round WRs drafted the last couple years... Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, Reagor, Aiyuk, Chase, Waddle, Smith, Toney, Bateman. For the most part all have been rather successful. If they haven't it's been for a reason that had nothing to do with the players skill set, Like injury or in Ruggs case a DWI (when he never had a character issue). But look at some of the game changing guys in there as well... Lamb, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Chase, Waddle, Smith all have great careers so far and have been worth every penny of their draft spot.

Guys like Higgins, Pittman and Moore were all drafted in the 1st couple picks in Round 2 which should be noted as well.

So I'd say 1st Round WR has been for the most part a great addition for teams, look what Chase and Higgins have done in CIN. Jefferson as one of the best WRs in the game already. Lamb already jumping guys like Cooper and Gallup for DAL. Aiyuk as another weapon for SF. Waddle for Tua, Smith for Hurts. These guys have all had big positive influences on their teams offense.

7 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Except you're failing to realize how good 1st Round WR investments have been for teams recently. Hence why they've been darn near 20% of teams 1st round picks the last few drafts. It's helped young QBs a ton as well.

1st Round WRs drafted the last couple years... Ruggs, Jeudy, Lamb, Jefferson, Reagor, Aiyuk, Chase, Waddle, Smith, Toney, Bateman. For the most part all have been rather successful. If they haven't it's been for a reason that had nothing to do with the players skill set, Like injury or in Ruggs case a DWI (when he never had a character issue). But look at some of the game changing guys in there as well... Lamb, Jefferson, Aiyuk, Chase, Waddle, Smith all have great careers so far and have been worth every penny of their draft spot.

Guys like Higgins, Pittman and Moore were all drafted in the 1st couple picks in Round 2 which should be noted as well.

So I'd say 1st Round WR has been for the most part a great addition for teams, look what Chase and Higgins have done in CIN. Jefferson as one of the best WRs in the game already. Lamb already jumping guys like Cooper and Gallup for DAL. Aiyuk as another weapon for SF. Waddle for Tua, Smith for Hurts. These guys have all had big positive influences on their teams offense.

Burks at 10!  I would much rather take him at 10 but I also like the hypothetical of getting a future 1st and taking whatever WR is leftover.