Raider fan coming in peace... tell me about Ziegler and McDaniels?

RaidersAreOne

2 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Soooooooo... More help?

More hires based on familiarity with Josh. Makes the operation smoother so Josh can perhaps not have to directly call plays every snap and instead use some of his time to focus on the team and game flow as a whole.

Mick is an inexperienced guy who brings familiarity with the Patriots and Josh; Mick took the job simply because he got the title of OC whereas in New England nobody gets titles like that unless they're a retread who has been fired and once coached for the Patriots under Bill. Mick was probably hopeful to get the title in NE but couldn't pass up the opportunity to secure it in LV. Not a bad hire, just a guy to sort of get by under Josh's leadership. Perhaps there is potential down the road with Mick elsewhere. I think Mick got the job in NE because of his family's relationship to Bill, fair or unfair.

The offensive line coach is probably decent since the line has been good for the Pats but I wouldn't set super high expectations. Probably just another cheap guy with familiarity to install game plans and communicate whatever message it is Josh wants. As a new head coach in his first year, Josh is wise to employ coaches who he doesn't have to teach the operations and stuff to and instead hire people who are able to implement the system based on their existing familiarity.

Edited by DoleINGout