Roy Halladay dies in plane crash in Gulf of Mexico

Tyronnosaurus

3 minutes ago, playmaker8267 said:

Sympathy for Halladay? No. The way he was operating that aircraft, he was begging for a catastrophe. His wife was apparently begging him to not buy the plane, which arrived Monday. Then he goes out and risks his life (and loses) by flying the plane like a complete moron just for a thrill. Watch the video and tell me this is a tragedy. A tragedy is what happened to Nick Adenhart. Not this.

He didn't deserve to die, but when you beg to die with this behavior, it's not in the tragedy category. I just can't mourn this the same way I would have if he died of something unpreventable. Halladay was an incredible pitcher. I loved watching him work, even when he was carving up my team. I was floored when I first saw the news, because of that and because I knew he was held in very high regard among the players. After seeing how his death was completely preventable, I just can't call this a tragedy.

But Felger's the bad guy for calling Halladay out for his stupid behavior.

Yes, he is a bad guy for incessantly mocking a good person within 24 hours of their death

“got what he deserved.”

"Splat. You’re dead."

1 minute ago, playmaker8267 said:

Sympathy for Halladay? No. The way he was operating that aircraft, he was begging for a catastrophe. His wife was apparently begging him to not buy the plane, which arrived Monday. Then he goes out and risks his life (and loses) by flying the plane like a complete moron just for a thrill. Watch the video and tell me this is a tragedy. A tragedy is what happened to Nick Adenhart. Not this.

He didn't deserve to die, but when you beg to die with this behavior, it's not in the tragedy category. I just can't mourn this the same way I would have if he died of something unpreventable. Halladay was an incredible pitcher. I loved watching him work, even when he was carving up my team. I was floored when I first saw the news, because of that and because I knew he was held in very high regard among the players. After seeing how his death was completely preventable, I just can't call this a tragedy.

But Felger's the bad guy for calling Halladay out for his stupid behavior.

There is a world of difference between calling someone out for something (which is ridiculous given that this was a man's death and that his death involved nobody else), and outwardly laughing at his death and making it a joke.

Saying "He got what he deserved" is in no way, shape, or form acceptable.

1 minute ago, Thelonebillsfan said:

Roy Halladay certainly wasn't "a jackass" for an accident. People die in accidents every day. 

Why did the accident occur? Halladay was flying this plane he received the day trying to do exceptionally stupid maneuvers, all for a thrill. Yeah, it was an accident, but Halladay was begging for it to happen by the way he was operating that plane. That makes him a jackass every day of the week.

Just now, playmaker8267 said:

Why did the accident occur? Halladay was flying this plane he received the day trying to do exceptionally stupid maneuvers, all for a thrill. Yeah, it was an accident, but Halladay was begging for it to happen by the way he was operating that plane. That makes him a jackass every day of the week.

Being a BAD PERSON makes you a jackass.

Just now, redsoxsuck05 said:

If Halladay "deserved" to die, let's say he survives his flight and goes to court for flying a plane recklessly...

Should the judge sentence him to death?

The better question is, why should we waste time defending Michael Felger?

If he had survived, he should have been prosecuted to the full extent of the law. That's easy.

2 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

“Was it Dale Earnhardt who died? The race car driver who died? I root for the wall. I really do. That ain’t no tragedy … I’m supposed to feel bad for you? Give me a break."

Which is both hilarious and disgusting because Sr died because cars had inadequate safety measures to prevent something like that, through no fault of his own.

Just now, NewAge said:

"He knew what he was getting himself into"

..Are you disputing that?

He didn't deserve to die for flying a plane erratically. That's insane.

I don't think he deserved to die either. If someone else thinks he did deserve to die for flying that plane the way he did, I can't exactly knock that opinion. Halladay was begging for something awful to happen to him in that plane. If you light yourself on fire for fun, don't tell me to feel bad for you when you burn to death.

Archived