Raiders sign DL Tyler Lancaster

NYRaider

He could be a solid rotaitonal, depth guy on the DL.

4 year veteran, who logged in 260+ snaps in every season, had some starts in every year, had some solid grades, especially in 2018 and 2020 against the run. PLayed NT, LDT and RDT for the Packers.

6'3 313 with a versatile back ground...seems like a system fit for us.

He will have a chance IMO to battle for a roster spot with Peko, Billings, Vickers and V.Butler.

Hankins, Nichols, Farrell and M.Butler are the locks IMO and we will probably carry 6 IDL, so it should be a heated battle between those vets mentioned above.

I feel good about the depth of our IDL, but I worry about the starting line up a bit. Hankins and Nichols are quality NFL starters IMO, but we need someone to step up big time to give us a good 3 man front...

7 minutes ago, Rolni said:

I feel good about the depth of our IDL, but I worry about the starting line up a bit. Hankins and Nichols are quality NFL starters IMO, but we need someone to step up big time to give us a good 3 man front...

There are still some solid veteran options with Suh, Flowers, Hicks, etc. 

I think there's a solid chance they believe Farrell Jr can start as a rookie. Graham loves big bodied guys like Farrell and we did trade back up into the 4th round to get him. As of now I'd assume the starting DL would be Nichols - Hankins - Farrell.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

There are still some solid veteran options with Suh, Flowers, Hicks, etc. 

I think there's a solid chance they believe Farrell Jr can start as a rookie. Graham loves big bodied guys like Farrell and we did trade back up into the 4th round to get him. As of now I'd assume the starting DL would be Nichols - Hankins - Farrell.

If Farrell starts, which could happen easily IMO, it might be better for him to start at NT or LDT. Graham uses the big uglies at NT and LDT and a quicker guy at RDT/RDE.

I could definately see a base DL of Hankins-Farrell-Nichols  with V.Butler-Billings-M.Butler being the back up line. Lancaster could beat up either V.Butler or Billings IMO...

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rolni said:

If Farrell starts, which could happen easily IMO, it might be better for him to start at NT or LDT. Graham uses the big uglies at NT and LDT and a quicker guy at RDT/RDE.

I could definately see a base DL of Hankins-Farrell-Nichols  with V.Butler-Billings-M.Butler being the back up line. Lancaster could beat up either V.Butler or Billings IMO...

Yeah so Hankins would essentially be in the Austin Johnson role, Farrell in the Dexter Lawrence role, and Nichols in the Leonard Williams role.

Pretty similar in size tbh.

Johnson (6'4" 320) | Hankins (6'3" 320)

Lawrence (6'4" 342) | Farrell (6'4" 330)

Williams (6'5" 295) | Nichols (6'4" 302)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yeah so Hankins would essentially be in the Austin Johnson role, Farrell in the Dexter Lawrence role, and Nichols in the Leonard Williams role.

Pretty similar in size tbh.

Johnson (6'4" 320) | Hankins (6'3" 320)

Lawrence (6'4" 342) | Farrell (6'4" 330)

Williams (6'5" 295) | Nichols (6'4" 302)

That could also work!

Farrell is not the athlete Lawrence is, so it might be too much to ask from him.

While Hankins also is a lot less athletic then Lawrence, but he has a lot more experience and he played 4-3 DT in recent years with us, so the LDT spot might be a better fit for him early on then for Farrell...

Lawrence played LDT and Johnson played NT for PG last year.

We will see I guess ;)

Edited by Rolni
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Rolni said:

That could also work!

Farrell is not the athlete Lawrence is, so it might be too much to ask from him.

While Hankins also is a lot less athletic then Lawrence, but he has a lot more experience and he played 4-3 DT in recent years with us, so the LDT spot might be a better fit for him early on then for Farrell...

Lawrence played LDT and Johnson played NT for PG last year.

We will see I guess ;)

We have a ton of bodies and we're not committed to anyone, it's going to be super competitive in camp.

• Like 1