Rob Gronkowski Announces Retirement - For Now

Appearing on UFC 278 over the weekend, UFC president Dana White revealed that ex-Raiders coach Jon Gruden "blew the deal up" that White had arranged for Las Vegas to sign both Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski prior to the 2020 season.

This story rocked Twitter over the weekend. Gronkowski is now part of the UFC broadcasts in his retirement, and White was on the air with him Saturday during the Santos-Gordon fight. As White tells the story, he "worked to put that deal together" for Brady and Gronk to go to the Raiders, and "it was almost a done deal." But, as White says and Gronkowski confirmed, "At the last minute, Gruden blew the deal up and said that he didn't want them. And all hell broke loose." Brady was so set on going to Vegas, according to White, that he was already looking for houses. "I was never going to tell that story until Gronk just said it," White explained. "That is exactly what happened," Gronkowski reiterated.

😶

8 minutes ago, kgarrett12486 said:

Appearing on UFC 278 over the weekend, UFC president Dana White revealed that ex-Raiders coach Jon Gruden "blew the deal up" that White had arranged for Las Vegas to sign both Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski prior to the 2020 season.

This story rocked Twitter over the weekend. Gronkowski is now part of the UFC broadcasts in his retirement, and White was on the air with him Saturday during the Santos-Gordon fight. As White tells the story, he "worked to put that deal together" for Brady and Gronk to go to the Raiders, and "it was almost a done deal." But, as White says and Gronkowski confirmed, "At the last minute, Gruden blew the deal up and said that he didn't want them. And all hell broke loose." Brady was so set on going to Vegas, according to White, that he was already looking for houses. "I was never going to tell that story until Gronk just said it," White explained. "That is exactly what happened," Gronkowski reiterated.

😶

Well i guess we can tell who "you're going to stick with that *************" comment came from during his episode on the shop. 

Water under the bridge really. He was a free agent and Tampa wasn't his first option. Who cares. It worked out for the best. 

42 minutes ago, RedandPewterReturns said:

Well i guess we can tell who "you're going to stick with that *************" comment came from during his episode on the shop. 

Water under the bridge really. He was a free agent and Tampa wasn't his first option. Who cares. It worked out for the best. 

Yup, I could care less where he wanted to go. He landed here and won us a chip. All that matters.

I know Gruden is in the ROH, but man...