Cooley Declines Invitation to Alumni Game & Recognition on 90th Greatest Team

turtle28

31 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I don’t blame him, they did him dirty IMO & I’m sure he’s sick of Dan Snyder & what he’s done to this team since Chris retired.

Yup. Good for him. I listened to the podcast and he was very appreciative of the fans.

But IMHO, none of these players should feel beholden to this franchise in its effort to milk former players so they can generate fan goodwill. And that's all this is.

• Like 2

I was listening to the Junkies this a.m. and I was taking my son to school at the same time (so my discussions with him interfered a bit with my ability to get all the information from their show), but I thought one of them said that Darryl Grant sent out a message (on Twitter?) that stated that he has no information about the ceremony on Sunday. Let's assume that is true (because this organization has been inept so far I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt).

You've supposedly planned this for months.

Got fan input into the next 10 names.

Gonna have a big celebration on field for them.

You expect them all to come when beckoned.

And yet...two days before the game...when those players would be catching flights to come from all over the country to take part (the ones who do come)...those players don't have any information?? (*)

To paraphrase an old saying:

"If this team was in charge of the Sahara desert, in 5 years there would be a shortage of sand"

(*) I realize Grant is local IIRC, but that isn't the point. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

I was listening to the Junkies this a.m. and I was taking my son to school at the same time (so my discussions with him interfered a bit with my ability to get all the information from their show), but I thought one of them said that Darryl Grant sent out a message (on Twitter?) that stated that he has no information about the ceremony on Sunday. Let's assume that is true (because this organization has been inept so far I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt).

You've supposedly planned this for months.

Got fan input into the next 10 names.

Gonna have a big celebration on field for them.

You expect them all to come when beckoned.

And yet...two days before the game...when those players would be catching flights to come from all over the country to take part (the ones who do come)...those players don't have any information?? (*)

To paraphrase an old saying:

"If this team was in charge of the Sahara desert, in 5 years there would be a shortage of sand"

(*) I realize Grant is local IIRC, but that isn't the point. 

I missed it, listened to a little bit of talk radio this morning but mostly my music. I believe it, remember Sean Taylor’s family said the same thing? This all falls back on Jason Wright IMO. It just hasn’t been good. I want it to work so bad with him bc he seems like a good guy but he just hasn’t done a good job since he was hired

• Like 1