Draft a Runningback!

GetDownandDirty

I like Guice. Abdullah sucks. And our offensive coaches are just not good at scheming the run-game. The fact that our RBs are always getting wiped out in the backfield right as the handoff happens by an unblocked defender is coaching. The one game we ran well in, at Minnesota, was because we basically spent the whole game in three-TE sets because we don't know how the heck to scheme runs that compensate for having a free unblocked defender without an OL or TE assigned to him. If I were Martha, I'd spend literally ALL THE MONEY on Mike Munchak, Gary Kubiak, or Greg Roman to come in and show JBC how to properly do a run-game and coach his offensive line, kind of like the two-coordinator thing Dallas had for a bit with a "run" coordinator and a "pass" coordinator.

I just want one or two years in Stafford's career with the Lions where running the ball isn't a complete disastrous cluster of "Benny HIll" esque errors. Just to see what would happen.

I've been off of the forum for a little bit. This season and this particular topic is bringing me right back in.

We have needed to draft a capable RB for the last 3 years - including 2015 (Abdullah's rookie year). There were questions at that time about his size and fumbling issues. He was the one guy that I absolutely did not want us to draft. Riddick does a great job for what we need him to do. Abdullah is a worse version of Riddick. We need a power back with a little speed who can catch from the backfield on occasion. It's pathetic that we have had such trouble on short yardage in the red zone and converting 3rd and short.

Stafford has been carrying this team for far too long. You aren't going to win too many games when you can't run the ball or stop the run for that matter.

Archived