Dave Canales- New OC

ravishingone

On 3/2/2023 at 11:41 AM, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

Trask was never going to sniff 1st team reps with Brady on the team

and for some ridiculous reason BA had a man crush on Gabbert so he stuck around

Bowles doesnt want to give a rookie or unproven guy the chance bc he was on the hot seat the latter half of last season, and you can bet his seat is niceeee and warm right now too

is Trask the guy? idk

but as of right now we still have to say "maybe" because there still is a chance

he stuck it out at Florida and when finally got the chance to start he showed he could swim with the rest of the SEC so I have some faith that he can produce in a QB friendly system, at least enough to get us by next year , and if not we go from there

i just dont love the idea of retread QBs for us next year, if we are gona suck, might as well let Trask play

unless Canales system can make a guy like Brissett next years version of Geno Smith but imo that is too optimistic 

Man crush or not on Blaine - Blaine still outperformed Trask in camp when they split the reps. Trask had a hard time outperforming Griffin in year 2 and Griffin technically outperformed him in 2021 with the same talent around him in preseason. For a rookie QB with more talent and upside - this is not good. 

I went to practices and Trask seemed so far behind Gabbert which isn't saying much. So the argument that Trask was never going to be #2 with Brady here is a poor one considering the eye test tells you Trask still didn't do well when given the reps. 

I get the hope for this guy and you can compare how he did when "given" the opportunity at Florida. My argument is still valid and backed up by facts on the film: He hasn't shown upside. Period. Even Bowles comments saying he's going to compete and the "door #2" slogan to me is a clear sign they're looking for a QB or 2 bc they need to. The confidence internally on Trask cannot be that high. And rightfully so. 

Next year is going to be impossible to succeed here in my opinion. The amount of UFA's we have -22 and being 50 MM over the cap is basically writing Bowles off as a lame duck head coach heading into next season. I wasn't a big fan of the hire of Todd Bowles - but they're basically in a huge rebuild mode with a guy who can't necessarily afford to scrap the season as a rebuilding year bc it'll be his last as a HC probably ever. 

Edited by RedandPewterReturns