Does Gute have a skill issue?

Gopackgonerd

9 hours ago, vegas492 said:

I feel like there were a lot of film cuts out there showing Graham open, and Rodgers flat out refusing to throw him the ball.  Though, I feel like most of those routes were in the middle part of the field, so there is that.

Our front office's biggest failure, recently to me, is not addressing the WR room enough in the past 4-5 years.  However, one of the bright spots was MVS.  For where he was taken and the production he gave us, it was a great pick.

And I also feel like last year's draft got us 3 WR's who are going to be with us a while.  And I see #1 WR potential in both Doubs and Watson.  Give this team a reliable slot guy that wins quickly and this offense could be deadly in a year.

I think it's not a coincidence that we hit on 2 or 3 WRs in the first year Rodgers doesn't have Adams. He was forced to throw to them and thereby developing them. I would have loved to see what Love did with our TEs, but we will have mostly new ones. Rodgers didn't use his TEs or the middle if the field as much as other QBs 

8 minutes ago, VegasDan said:

I think it's not a coincidence that we hit on 2 or 3 WRs in the first year Rodgers doesn't have Adams. He was forced to throw to them and thereby developing them. I would have loved to see what Love did with our TEs, but we will have mostly new ones. Rodgers didn't use his TEs or the middle if the field as much as other QBs 

gotta wonder how much fins downfall led to that

5 hours ago, Chili said:

One thing I disagreed with Gute on was his love for H/W/S wide receivers.

Green Bay has been a H/W/S drafting team since Ron Wolf was the GM, remember he was an Al Davis disciple from back when Al was significantly ahead of the game.  Wolf was a H/W/S guy, Ted Thompson was a H/W/S guy, Gute is a H/W/S guy, and the next guy is going to be a H/W/S guy.