2K22: Offense

onejayhawk

We have a thread for the defense. Here is one for the offense. I will begin with a question, what do we make of Justyn Ross?

Obviously he was once considered a 1st round lock and we signed him to a FA contract. It's most of a year later and Ross has had a that time to rehab his injury and to learn the Chiefs system. Now he will essentially be a draft pick. a way to rephrase the question, what round would consider him worth taking?

This article thinks that the is fairly high, probably day #2.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/why_justyn_ross_will_have_a_breakout_season_in_2023/s1_17153_38651370

On 4/2/2023 at 1:24 PM, onejayhawk said:

We have a thread for the defense. Here is one for the offense. I will begin with a question, what do we make of Justyn Ross?

Obviously he was once considered a 1st round lock and we signed him to a FA contract. It's most of a year later and Ross has had a that time to rehab his injury and to learn the Chiefs system. Now he will essentially be a draft pick. a way to rephrase the question, what round would consider him worth taking?

This article thinks that the is fairly high, probably day #2.
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/why_justyn_ross_will_have_a_breakout_season_in_2023/s1_17153_38651370

Just curious, you mean 2K23?

I mean sure healthy he is a day 1/day 2 pick.    But outside of seeing non contact videos,  he is two years removed from seeing live action/contact.   Im not sure he’d go before the 6th/7th in this class.    It’s dead time,  everyone is going to hype of anyone with potential as a starter.      

Rooting for the kid, but if I’m building the roster.. I’m trying to get him into that 7th/8th WR spot where we aren’t expecting much

1 hour ago, RedGold said:

I mean sure healthy he is a day 1/day 2 pick.    But outside of seeing non contact videos,  he is two years removed from seeing live action/contact.   Im not sure he’d go before the 6th/7th in this class.  

Just reading the tealeaves, my take on the FO attitude is that he is seen as much better than that. How much is the question. They have his medicals and we don't.

It’s dead time,  everyone is going to hype of anyone with potential as a starter.      

It's not that. Potential future starter, sure, but WR4/5 for now.

I am looking at what Skyy Moore was able to do and thinking Ross has a leg up on that. 

Rooting for the kid, but if I’m building the roster.. I’m trying to get him into that 7th/8th WR spot where we aren’t expecting much

As noted above, it seems that expectations are higher. Just the hands he has shown and the results when he had a good QB.

5 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Just reading the tealeaves, my take on the FO attitude is that he is seen as much better than that. How much is the question. They have his medicals and we don't.

It's not that. Potential future starter, sure, but WR4/5 for now.

I am looking at what Skyy Moore was able to do and thinking Ross has a leg up on that. 

As noted above, it seems that expectations are higher. Just the hands he has shown and the results when he had a good QB.

Yeah I mean, I typically avoid anything Chiefs related between now and preseason because it’s painted in the rosiest of glasses and each player is going to achieve to the highest of expectations.  

Bottom line is he hasn’t played in two years.   He may pan out,  but I am personally not counting on it..  I would continue to add in front of him and if he pans out we can move in that direction.   He’s a lotto ticket,  and I’m not planning on that hitting full.