2023 Xbox + Starfield Showcase (6/11)

Kiltman

Got delayed making it home, so had to get caught up.

Overall showed a lot of exciting stuff. Perhaps more lulls than I expected but was nice to get a big show from one of these companies again. I wished they did some more direct style ones to get out some of the smaller things.

+ Starfield looks great, they took all the lessons of their last few games and look to have delivered the giant space RPG many have always hoped for. 

+ South of Midnight looks very cool, and has been one of the games I’ve been excited to see. Compulsion makes cool stuff, just hasn’t had the budget before.

+ Along with that, you really feel the budget boost in Hellblade II, I don’t need all my games to be cinematic 3rd person games…but it’s nice to have some good ones. Way it deals with mental illness is still interesting.

+ Clockwork Revolution looked surprisingly better than other things. Another studio doing something cool and big with an actual budget.

+ 33 Immortals, reminded me of a Hades x Vampire Survivors. Which both were some of my favorite level up “one more run” games. Don’t love multiplayer but this seems very passive how it’s involved.

+ Cities: Skylines II, looks like a really polished next version of a city builder

+ Cyberpunk Phantom Liberty, glad to have more to play. Once they got it together Cyberpunk really was a great game. Just released way too early.

+ Still Wakes the Deep, putting it in the + if it’s the game I think it is. Looks like a first person walking game but with stealth and Limbo/Inside like story build. Could be good

= Fable humor was there and looks pretty, but was a bit dull visually from the colorful world of the previous games. Still super excited it’s back

= Towerborne, like the studio and gist…personally not big on co-op. But seems like a good Gamepass game.

= Star Wars: Outlaws, gameplay is coming soon. But like so what is the game? Just needed a bit more.

= Persona and Japanese studio games, I’m sure they popped for fans of them.

= Same, just swap it for Forza. Glad it was shorter.

- Avowed looked kinda low budget for the hype it had been given. Still gonna be a bit but expected more there.

- Service game news dumps, drop that elsewhere, it drags the show down.

- Production: I wouldn’t mind some quick dev things to break up the show a bit.

- Production: Higher the motion graphics to make you more diverse graphics to use. It being the same pop-in was annoying after awhile. Especially when you see hood use of that in other tech shows.

- was a series S what can hold more than just one CoD worthy of an end of the game Phil spot?