Antonio Pierce named HC

NCOUGHMAN

10 minutes ago, Nightmare said:

He just can’t get another year. There are probably fans who will still make excuses, but the team have collapsed pathetically in 3 out of the last 4 games, none of them even against good teams.

The in-game adjustments, situational football and lack of coaching in general are really, really bad.

A few of us said it at the time and it’s looking prophetic - signing Minshew to start at QB and hiring Getsy to run the offense are the two indicators that nobody was really serious about winning this season. The first one is on Telesco and the second is on Pierce. And Telesco has a much longer leash than AP here.

I agree with all of that but could also see Mark giving him another year due to a lack of QB with Getsy being the fall guy. 

The fact that we've given up 30+ and been blown out by the Steelers, Panthers, and Dolphins though is pretty inexcusible. 

The sad part is that I think AP and Getsy genuinely believed that we would be competitive with Minshew and Getsy. They probably saw Minshew play well for the Colts and thought he could replicate that here as long as the defense built off of last year as a top 10 unit. And that Getsy was good in Chicago but was held back by Fields.

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

AP absolutely had to challenge that TD. You can’t make that mistake. It’s almost the football gods trying to punish you with that fumble next play. TJ Watt punked both our RBs Old Abdullah 

Who knows what Mark will do. He hasn’t fired a coach after one season no matter how bad the team was.

I’ve heard a rumor for awhile that Deion was an NFL bound coach once he got more experience. Sanders/Sanders combo is real possibility with Brady on board

1 minute ago, bucksavage1 said:

AP absolutely had to challenge that TD. You can’t make that mistake. It’s almost the football gods trying to punish you with that fumble next play. TJ Watt punked both our RBs Old Abdullah 

Who knows what Mark will do. He hasn’t fired a coach after one season no matter how bad the team was.

I’ve heard a rumor for awhile that Deion was an NFL bound coach once he got more experience. Sanders/Sanders combo is real possibility with Brady on board

I'm not sure why they were in a rush or why Getsy's best play call on the 1 yard line is running out of the shot gun with our smallest RB. 

It's slightly different with AP though because at the end of this season he will have more games under his belt than JMD did when he was fired. 

I think Deion is definitely in the realm of possibilities just because of the name value. But does Mark really hire a college coach that is currently 8-10 at Colorado? And unless we're picking #1 it would be kind of awkward to hire Deion and then for some reason not be in position to draft Shedeur. 

On 10/11/2024 at 3:03 PM, Darbsk said:

I thought I read that after interviewing the GM contenders that one of the questions was who was their choice for HC and wasn’t Pierce the unanimous choice. I’m sure I read that Telesco would have chosen Pierce therefore it was fine to appoint him before the actual GM

It was obvious from the jump that AP was going to get the job. I don't think any candidate was dumb enough to tell Mark they'd rather hire someone else, lol.

3 hours ago, RaiderX said:

Knew from the get-go the offseason was a disaster. Started with the fake HC interviews and not even meeting with Harbaugh. How many times are we gonna learn the lesson? Interim Ra-Ra guys aren't gonna put teams over. At least the Bisaccia cultists will did now.

Then from that the OC debacle with Kingsbury dipping on us. Then hiring the WORST OC available. Bo was 5× better than Getsy on short notice last season. 

Bowers was the one bright spot this offseason. I've never seen a team regress after such optimism or maybe just phony confidence after beating the Chiefs on Xmas. Either way it starts with the HC and he's done after this season.

-Let’s not forget adding one of the worst starting guards in the league last season in Cody Whitehair

- Not replacing Jacobs with a starting caliber running back knowing that a strong run game was crucial 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I'm not sure why they were in a rush or why Getsy's best play call on the 1 yard line is running out of the shot gun with our smallest RB. 

It's slightly different with AP though because at the end of this season he will have more games under his belt than JMD did when he was fired. 

I think Deion is definitely in the realm of possibilities just because of the name value. But does Mark really hire a college coach that is currently 8-10 at Colorado? And unless we're picking #1 it would be kind of awkward to hire Deion and then for some reason not be in position to draft Shedeur. 

It depends if Mark can or wants to financially pay another top tier coach so soon. I don’t think any owner has ever paid the amount to coaches Mark has in that short amount of time. 

It’s either AP or another Retread who wants back in the NFL willing to accept a low ball offer . As you mentioned before Telesco coaching hires were extremely underwhelming 

I could see AP coming back in 2025 with an Asst HC/OC like Mike McCarthy ready to take over as Interim if starting slow

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

It depends if Mark can or wants to financially pay another top tier coach so soon. I don’t think any owner has ever paid the amount to coaches Mark has in that short amount of time. 

It’s either AP or another Retread who wants back in the NFL willing to accept a low ball offer . As you mentioned before Telesco coaching hires were extremely underwhelming 

I could see AP coming back in 2025 with an Asst HC/OC like Mike McCarthy ready to take over as Interim if starting slow

I do wonder if we’ll have trouble hiring a top tier OC under AP. He’ll be on the hot seat if he’s back and I could see the good coaches preferring a more stable situation. 

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I do wonder if we’ll have trouble hiring a top tier OC under AP. He’ll be on the hot seat if he’s back and I could see the good coaches preferring a more stable situation. 

Dennis Allen was able to get Klint Kubiak, he’s good as gone this after the season . More than likely it will be an OC that’s a former HC. Frank Reich for example 

The amount of injuries in every position group is a potential mulligan that could keep AP/Telesco hired. Mayer health issue and Adams quitting in the cherrry on top

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Dennis Allen was able to get Klint Kubiak, he’s good as gone this after the season . More than likely it will be an OC that’s a former HC. Frank Reich for example 

The amount of injuries in every position group is a potential mulligan that could keep AP/Telesco hired. Mayer health issue and Adams quitting in the cherrry on top

The Saints were coming off of a winning season with a veteran QB and some top tier weapons though. And Allen honestly has / had a chance to save his job. 

Do you think any former HC want to come work under AP?

Thats honestly what I think will happen. Getsy will be the fall guy and they’ll blame the lack of success on injuries and not having a QB. I could also see PG getting the boot too and that might be one of the reasons we haven’t extended any of our defensive players.