Current Josh Allen Or Prime Philip Rivers?

CP3MVP

Better player   

34 members have voted

1. 1. Better player

• Josh Allen
    • Prime Philip Rivers

“These Bills defenses”

The one where Allen kept giving them leads in KC in the playoffs and the defense **** the bed time and time again including 13 seconds?

The Bills defense that couldn’t get to Burrow in the playoffs when they had what 3 back up lineman playing?

The Bills defense that has shat away 4 games this season with leads and taking the field with sub 3 minutes left?

The Bills defense has been crap when it matters most for years. 

4 hours ago, CP3MVP said:

I don’t know if his resume is gonna be better because I don’t ever see him winning an mvp or making a Super Bowl.  

all I’m seeing is random counting stat records here in this thread. 

Not worth my time and I hate to break it to you but he will. Let’s revisit this in 10 years when Allen is top 3-5 of all time in Touchdowns with a ring. 

1 hour ago, bigbadbuff said:

“These Bills defenses”

The one where Allen kept giving them leads in KC in the playoffs and the defense **** the bed time and time again including 13 seconds?

The Bills defense that couldn’t get to Burrow in the playoffs when they had what 3 back up lineman playing?

The Bills defense that has shat away 4 games this season with leads and taking the field with sub 3 minutes left?

Yeah he’s dumb. Our defense has been terrible when it matters most lol. 

7 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Allen will have four straight 40+ touchdown seasons which has only been done by like 3-4 QBs, all that are in or will be in the HOF.

Josh Allen is better than Phillip Rivers lol. Not going to argue with a Pats fan but he just is. 

He's also only 27; his resume at the end of his career will best Rivers'. 

Rate metrics are more important. Allen throws the ball much more because 15 years ago it wasn't just pass pass pass like it is today.

4 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Yeah not like Rivers didn’t have a number one offense and defense one year and missed the playoffs….

Rivers leads the #1 yardage, #2 scoring offense, 2nd in Points Per Drive and led the league in Passing Yards with Jackson missing 11 games, Gates missing 6 games, Floyd missing 5 games, Patrick Crayton as his #2 WR for most of the year

Defense 1st in yards (mainly because of the DEAD LAST special teams), but 10th in points allowed, 28th in RZ TD%

Tied the NFL record for players used (74) due to insane amounts of injuries

As I said before, WORST SPECIAL TEAMS POSSIBLY IN NFL HISTORY

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2014/4/24/5646068/throwback-thursday-the-worst-special-teams-unit-of-all-time

Rivers fault!!!!

1 minute ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Rivers leads the #1 yardage, #2 scoring offense, 2nd in Points Per Drive and led the league in Passing Yards with Jackson missing 11 games, Gates missing 6 games, Floyd missing 5 games, Patrick Crayton as his #2 WR for most of the year

Defense 1st in yards (mainly because of the DEAD LAST special teams), but 10th in points allowed, 28th in RZ TD%

Tied the NFL record for players used (74) due to insane amounts of injuries

As I said before, WORST SPECIAL TEAMS POSSIBLY IN NFL HISTORY

https://www.boltsfromtheblue.com/2014/4/24/5646068/throwback-thursday-the-worst-special-teams-unit-of-all-time

Rivers fault!!!!

I never said anything about Rivers being bad lol. He’s a HOF QB. I just think Josh is better. If i compared Josh to Mahomes, Brady, Manning, Rodgers etc it’s different but we aren’t. Just because I think Allen is better doesn’t mean I think Rivers isn’t great lol.

Just now, bigbadbuff said:

I never said anything about Rivers being bad lol. He’s a HOF QB. I just think Josh is better. If i compared Josh to Mahomes, Brady, Manning, Rodgers etc it’s different but we aren’t. Just because I think Allen is better doesn’t mean I think Rivers isn’t great lol.

Once again, fair. I don't think we've seen the best of Josh Allen yet. When he really hits his peak he will be better than Rivers, but as of right now Rivers prime was better than Allen right now IMO.

2 minutes ago, HerbertGOAT said:

Once again, fair. I don't think we've seen the best of Josh Allen yet. When he really hits his peak he will be better than Rivers, but as of right now Rivers prime was better than Allen right now IMO.

I think Allen’s 2020 season was the best season either of them have had. If we go by multiple years it’s closer for sure.

5 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

Yeah not like Rivers didn’t have a number one offense and defense one year and missed the playoffs….

That was never really the number one defense unless you care about yards lol. 

Allen has had clearly superior defenses. Even right now he’s in the 11th seed with a top 7 scoring defense 

5 hours ago, bigbadbuff said:

“These Bills defenses”

What were the chargers defense when it matters the most lol? They gave up 41 to the patriots in his last playoff game 

3 hours ago, The BILLievers said:

Not worth my time and I hate to break it to you but he will. Let’s revisit this in 10 years when Allen is top 3-5 of all time in Touchdowns with a ring. 

There’s no evidence or any reason to believe he’s winning a title but ok.  The Bills are actually regressing. 

Edited by CP3MVP

42 minutes ago, bigbadbuff said:

He’s closer to rivers than any of those guys though. Unless you’re one of those people that tries to force a Mahomes convo based off losing to him in the playoffs