AFC - Which teams get a bye?

pwny

1 minute ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Commentary coming from camp Pittsburgh is that Butler has changed his approach, no? I'm seeing more varied blitzing, a bit more man coverage, for example. If we, on a forum, know that Brady rips through soft zone coverage, then Butler definitely does. I don't expect the same joy as usual. I do expect BB to exploit holes though, sure.

We havent played the Pats yet, so we will see.  We have seen more man this year, but again, our gameplan is always more conservative vs the Pats than it is vs other teams, and thats been a huge part of the problem.   And then we often fail to make adjustments.   Most Steeler fans dont get it.   Why not change up the approach after the same type of gameplan has failed miserably ever since the Cowher days.

Our safeties are garbage, our ILBs without Shazier are slow, and while I think Haden has been really good when healthy, this is not a good game for him to come back from that injury from.     Burns is like the 2nd coming of Ike Taylor.....a largely average corner who can be really good when the team around him is playing well, but he isnt a standalone good corner.

Our best chance from a defensive standpoint is if we let our Dline rip it,  Unfortunately, the only consistently dependable one is Heyward.    Tuitt has been a disappointment since getting his new contract and Hargrave is a backup caliber NT IMO....but I dont think they use Hargrave correctly.

Time will tell man, but Ive been burned too many times to be excited about our chances.    We've had better teams (or at least more balanced) get destroyed by the Pats.

Id be shocked if the Jags get a bye. Its possible, very unlikely. Even if Pittsburgh loses this weekend theyll most likely win their final 2 games. Which means the Jags wouldn't be able to tie Pittsburghs record.

NE has a tough road perhaps and I could actually see an angry Bills team upsetting them but I think its more likely that anger costs the Bills the game.

Archived