Post-Football Success Stories

BetterCallSaul

9 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

This interview was good made me think of him differently. He seemed to mature and learn from his past mistakes.

Very good interview. I'm about 20 minutes in so far, where he's talking about the first time he recognizes that he took Vicodin in an addictive setting.

He does a very, very good job of explaining his own emotional avoidance, how he should have expressed vulnerability to people around him and didn't, and ultimately recognizes this was something that he was never taught - not an inherent un-fixable defect. He speaks negatively about his self-image, but only in the past sense, so he recognizes that it all starts with feelings of worthlessness, inability to reach out, and wanting other people to like him.

To me he sounds, if not sober, well on the way. He doesn't talk the way I've ever heard anyone who is actively shying away from the shame of their addiction talk.

• Like 1

JaMarcus Russell is doing surprisingly well. I believe he's coaching Youth football in Alabama. He knows he completely blew it and nobody is to blame but himself. Hasn't had any sort of legal run-ins since his career ended, I don't believe.

• Like 1