Baltimore Orioles Thread: New Ownership Official!

naptownskinsfan

20 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

IVE WAITED SO LONG FOR THIS DAY

WE ARE FINALLY BACK BOYS

First order of business for Rubenstein is to go extend Adley and Gunnar in the next 12 months. 

They just need to put a billion into escrow for contract extensions for those two, Holliday, etc.  

Also, extend the hell out of Elias and Mejdal.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WiscFan3 said:

Honestly…….I didn’t expect a pitcher like Burnes to come that cheap.  I thought for sure that one of Cowser/Kjerstad would be going in return for Burnes or Cease. 

Not to discount the 34th pick at all, or the prospects.  But that pick is a smaller increase in value from what the Brewers would get if they gave him a qualifying offer.  Ortiz and Hall are definitely post-hype prospects.  Ortiz didn’t have a spot with Holliday, Henderson and Westburg, and he may just be a super utility ceiling on a contender.  Hall is the wildcard, but I wouldn’t count out the Brewers turning him into another relief weapon.  

Definitely light, but it’s also just one year of control, and once the season starts, the price comes down every start.  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Sale is official, but it stinks that Peter passed.  Eventually the remainder will transfer over to Rubenstein.  

John is going to go down as a pariah, and rightfully so in some reasons, but he was the one who hired Elias and the architects of this rebuild, and did things that his father never would have done.  Hopefully he can stick around and help bridge the gap between Rubenstein and the front office.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Lets do the damn thing boys 

And we got a Dub!  What a great effort from Corbin Burnes- aside from the homer to Trout, no hits/walks allowed and 11 Ks.  He got the loudest ovation from the fans before the game, including Gunner and Adley.   Thankfully the weather held off for everything including BP.  I notched another opening day snagging a ball, the second opening day where I’ve caught one from Miguel Sano.  

We really enjoyed the new chicken strips/wedges place by the Eutaw Street entrance in the city, it’s the one under the bar.  They were in a spicy marinade and the wedges were better than RoFo.  Squires Pizza was very solid, and my new seats in section 80 were right by a soft serve place which will be clutch. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

And we got a Dub!  What a great effort from Corbin Burnes- aside from the homer to Trout, no hits/walks allowed and 11 Ks.  He got the loudest ovation from the fans before the game, including Gunner and Adley.   Thankfully the weather held off for everything including BP.  I notched another opening day snagging a ball, the second opening day where I’ve caught one from Miguel Sano.  

We really enjoyed the new chicken strips/wedges place by the Eutaw Street entrance in the city, it’s the one under the bar.  They were in a spicy marinade and the wedges were better than RoFo.  Squires Pizza was very solid, and my new seats in section 80 were right by a soft serve place which will be clutch. 

Those sound amazing, i’m definitely gonna hit those up. Planning on going to the game tomorrow or Monday. Can’t wait

• Like 1