Madmike90

On 2/4/2024 at 7:53 AM, Madmike90 said:

WR…Equanimeous St. Brown

TE…Marcades Lewis

DE…Rasheem Green

CB…Jaylon Johnson

CB…Josh Blackwell

LS…Patrick Scales

Its wild that everyone we will be brining back (other than Jaylon) could easily be just a Camp Body. Really shows how shallow this roster is on talent. =

QB…Joshua Dobbs…6-3” 215lbs…Vikings…

in the last two years he has been on 4 different teams learning offences on the fly and while he has not been overly productive the ability to understand the offence that quickly is impressive

At the end of the day, its a backup, so Im not going to be that harsh on it, especially since it has to be someone who doesnt threaten your new Rookie Prize. But man Id be less than crazy about Dobbs. I think its pretty telling that he always played better when coming in without much exposure to the system, and what you are touting him as (a guy who can help Caleb learn) might not really be something that he brings. Again hes a backup that youre hoping to never see, so its not a big deal.

WR…Gabriel Davis…6-3” 213lbs…Bills…

Flus was very clear on what he wanted to change about this offence and hiring Waldron only doubles down on that…explosive downfield passing plays

Gabe Dave is definitely on the short list of the guys Id expect us to bring in this year, especially since he is a solid blocker as well. But his contract/impact ratio is stretching the limits of what Id like out of a guy we bring in. Honestly, Id be really happy if he was expecting the Evans/Higgins typoe deal, and we get him on a sol;id one year "prove it" deal.

On the WR group, the NW-I pickup is a great one, and a guy Ive dug into. He would immediately become the 2nd best  WR on this current roster (to Moore, with Mooney leaving) which is really sad. But with other moves, having him as the #4 WR would be a great upgrade. 

IOL…Evan Brown…6-3” 320lbs…Seahawks…

Another former player under Waldron, Brown would come here to compete for the starting centre job but ideally would be a quality back up at both there and even at guard if the worst comes to the worst and both starters go down

OG…Damien Lewis…6-3” 333lbs…Seahawks…

I think we are all in lock-step on Brown at this point, so its one of those guys that would be surprising if we dont end up with him. But I hadnt really thought about Lewis as an option. Makes sense, but Id guess hed be more of a post-draft signing? As guys dont normally sign on to be a backup real quick. Not against him, just hadnt been a guy I looked at to this point.

UT…Christian Wilkins…6-4” 310lbs…Dolphins…

The engine that makes everything go

We've had our discussions about Wilkins, and Ill just reiterate, Id love it but I just dont see it. Had we got no pressure from the middle I think this becomes more likely, but the fact that Dexter looks to be blossoming already makes this less likely. But I see what you are doing here in FA so you can go the opposite way in the Draft.

The other pickups make sense, Epenessa seems much like Brown on the offensive side, a guy that just makes too much sense right now. And I think youve poointed this out, there will be alot of useful Safeties out there for pretty cheap (relatively) and we will likely add one or two. 

C…Jackson Powers-Johnson…6-3” 333lbs…Oregon…

A center at pick 13? Seems high right…possibly but here is the thinking…JPJ has recently just turned 21 years old and is already a physically dominating player with size and athletic ability which is uncommon at the centre position

Im with you, there is no reason not to take him this high. To me, the Center position is just as important as the Tackle spot these days. Different importance, but just as important to the offense (and especially the QB). The debate will become, would a trade down be worth passing on another Weapon? A high valued Weapon in this draft. 

WR…Xavier Worthy…6-0” 175lbs…Texas…

WR…Johnny Wilson…6-6” 238lbs…Florida State…

These two definitely add depth to the WR corps, but I dont love either one of them. Maybe Im becoming too enamored with Adonai Mitchell to see Worthy fairly, so theres for sure a chance that Im not giving him a fair shake. But Im just not sure Wilson ever will translate to the NFL, atleast not as a WR. Not sure thats a project i would really want to take on.

RB…MarShawn Lloyd…5-9” 215lbs…USC…

This draft has to be about putting as much support around Caleb as possible

Lloyd has a nice week in Mobile, but Im not sure he is a game changer. Also Id be very surprised if we get this far in the draft without any talent being added to the Defense. Im not saying shoehorn someone in, just would be very surprising if one of the guys isnt the best player available when we are on the clock.

Dont have a ton on the rest of the picks at this point. I feel like I have a different read on Wiley, I actually really like his blocking, but I dont see him as much of a playmaker once he makes the catch. That real in game transition is what is holding him back to me, I still want him though. And Id be happy to have him, but also pretty surprised to see Hopper that late in the draft.