Ravens hire Jerry Rossburg

Lost in the sauce was that we fired our assistant special teams coordinator. So I think it makes sense that while Rosburg is likely hired as a clock management coordinator, we might also have him assisting the special teams units some as well, but in a less demanding capacity, during “non-game days”.

I think this might’ve been a marriage whereby we gain some additional structure and experience within our staff with someone that got the best out of Tucker, Koch, and our coverage units. We just had Tucker experience a career worst season, Jordan Stout has been hot and cold as a punter, and our coverage unit gave up a TD this past season in the playoffs no less.

Add in the fact that Harbaugh has had some questionable challenge calls as well and this could be a very underrated coaching move to the staff IMO.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, diamondbull424 said:

Lost in the sauce was that we fired our assistant special teams coordinator. So I think it makes sense that while Rosburg is likely hired as a clock management coordinator, we might also have him assisting the special teams units some as well, but in a less demanding capacity, during “non-game days”.

I think this might’ve been a marriage whereby we gain some additional structure and experience within our staff with someone that got the best out of Tucker, Koch, and our coverage units. We just had Tucker experience a career worst season, Jordan Stout has been hot and cold as a punter, and our coverage unit gave up a TD this past season in the playoffs no less.

Add in the fact that Harbaugh has had some questionable challenge calls as well and this could be a very underrated coaching move to the staff IMO.

It occurred to me that one of the downsides of having a nice group of pass catchers who are undersized is that it's hard to plug those guys onto the ST coverage units. Players like Boykin and Chris Moore were scrub WRs BUT they did make those coverage units good.

20 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

It occurred to me that one of the downsides of having a nice group of pass catchers who are undersized is that it's hard to plug those guys onto the ST coverage units. Players like Boykin and Chris Moore were scrub WRs BUT they did make those coverage units good.

Two words: Xavier Legette. 😂

But jokes aside this WR class is one of the largest I’ve seen in recent memory. We can certainly find some guys in the draft with size this year.

• Like 1