2025 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking: (Edited 9/16/24) Prospect Standouts

Ozzy

Will Campbell vs Dylan Stewart

The best LT in college football currently and potential 1st OL off the board in the 2025 NFL draft, going up against hyped freshman Dylan Stewart who is super athletic and is off to a great start early in his career.

Kennard might be against Campbell also and their fine DTs will be an issue for LSU as well to help keep the edge guys free.  South Carolina's defense has looked very good early this year and dominated against Kentucky last week.  Will be really interesting how Stewart does this week and those two going up against each other is arguably the best matchup of the entire weekend.

Edited by Ozzy

Week 3 Prospect Standouts:

*Avery Johnson Kansas State SOPH QB:  Kid will be in the Heisman discussion especially if Kansas State keeps winning.  He is so hard for college defenses to stop, is almost unstoppable when he is running the football well.  So good in that pistol zone read game with the TEs and they have multiple backs who can carry it as well.  If he continues to improve as a passer with his athletic ability he will be a very interesting prospect but he does need to get better passing the football.  Is the absolute center of that football team and the reason they could be ranked in the top 10 shortly.  

*Ben Bell Texas State RS SR DE/OLB:  Need to watch more of him but dude is put together for someone 6-2 255, he looks a lot bigger than that and has tree trunks for forearms.  Interesting talent with what seems to be a really high motor, had 10 sacks last year and has 3.5 already this season.  Could be a great mid to late round pickup and his arm strength is really impressive able to push offensive tackles.   Is great with swim moves plus having a great get off the ball.

*Taylor Poitier Kansas State RS SR OG:  Love his feet and ability to move as a guard, really good side to side and is mobile and quick.  Needs to get stronger but is an interesting player and could be a decent late round draft pick.  Has a good wide base and again moves his feet well for a man his size.

*Brendan Mott Kansas State RS SR DE:  I like his size, gets good push and has long arms as well.  Maybe could be a good late round pickup come draft time.

Others who impressed:

Brayden Loftin Kansas State RS SOPH TE

Desmond Purnell Kansas State RS JR OLB

Keenan Garber Kansas State RS SR CB

Disappointed:

Noah Fifita Arizona RS SOPH QB - Not all his fault, that defense is far worse than they were last year, they do not have as good of a power run game as they did last year and he does not have as many talented receivers to throw to as last year especially at TE and slot WR.  But he was hyped up after last season and has not played great the last few games, still produced but did not dominate.  His size is an issue no question about it, including this season he still has two or three more years to play so things could change.  Still has a good arm and sees the field well, but needs the support to win on the football field, at least he got McMillian the ball in this one but there are just so few other weapons to go to and maybe that is the problem overall.  

Edited by Ozzy
  • Like 1

Week 3 Prospect Standouts:

*Arch Manning Texas RS FR QB:  Really put on a show after Ewers got hurt, was not against great competition but hard to not be impressed with his ability to throw the football and also run the football.  Will be easily projected as the #1 pick by far for 2026, but Nico could have some say in it if Tennessee continues their dominating play.  Arch really impresses though and with that bloodline there is almost nothing to not like about him.

*Zion Childress Kentucky RS SR CB/S:  Looks like a potential standout slot corner, all over the field making plays, good tackler, aggressive player with good ball skills as well.  Can play a little safety if asked also and is solid in coverage, super versatile DB and could be a fine slot corner prospect come draft time.

*Jack Bech TCU SR TE/HB/WR:  I liked him years ago on LSU as kind of a HB/TE type, had a huge game in this one and showed big time speed downfield.  Is not the typical TE size and really is a slot WR even now but I feel the right NFL team will find him and as a HB type weapon he could be a huge problem.  Interesting talent but could have a breakout season this year and be a great  late round draft pick.

*Dylan Stewart South Carolina FR DE:  Did not have huge stats in this game but he won clearly against the best LT in college football more than once.  So quick off the snap and his ability to bend down while in a dead sprint to the QB is awesome.  He did not play a ton in this game but kid is an awesome pass rusher and has had one heck of a start to his career.  

*Chase Bisontis Texas A&M SOPH OG:  Big time guard prospect, awesome game again for him and he can really move defenders and he such a rock solid player.  Should be a 1st round pick potentially in 2026.  

*Nick Emmanwori South Carolina JR S:  Huge kid, made a ton of plays but did seem to have some cramping issues based on all the ground he covered in this game.  Sadly had that INT for a TD that would have won the game called back because of a roughing the QB penalty.  Did looks great and he could maybe sneak into the 1st round with continued high level play.

*Malachi Moore Alabama SR S/CB:  All over the field making plays, and is hitting with force often out there.  So versatile in coverage and as a slot defender potentially he could be the best one and his ability to cover as a safety is elite.

*Debo Williams South Carolina RS SR LB:  Love his ability to run and how hard he plays, leader of the football team and I am sure an NFL team will find him and he will be a great run and hit linebacker.  Fits the mold for what a lot of defenses want in terms of a LB in a 4/3 defense.

*Kyle Kennard South Carolina RS SR OLB/DE:  Had that one awful penalty which basically cost them the game, but he really did get after the QB consistently again and showed such great get off.  Stewart is getting all the attention because of his age and talent, but Kennard has really showed up this year also and should be a fine mid round pickup as a 3/4 OLB most likely.  

*Jalen Milroe Alabama RS JR QB:  Awesome game by him, helped by the return of the normal starting OL.  Made a few great throws that were dropped right over the CB and ahead of the safety.  I am sure Wisconsin thought he could not make those throws and he did in a dominating performance.  His ability to run is unstoppable when he gets good OL blocking.  Still a bit raw at times but hard to argue his elite talent as a passer and runner, and his ability to lead is really outstanding.  

*Garrett Nussmeier LSU RS JR QB:  Kid can play the QB position and that is pretty obvious.  Very calm in the pocket, very aware and able to get the football into the hands of playmakers.  Moves well and can throw well on the move, he is a next level player no question.

*LT Overton Alabama JR DE:  Best game of his career easily, was dominating in that game and made more than a few impressive plays.  Showed good power and force, if he is this good all season teams are going to have a big problem with him and that Bama D if they can get DL pass rush like Overton provided.  Great showing by him and is odd at A&M they had him lose weight when he looks like a natural 3/4 DE.

*Bradyn Swinson LSU RS SR DE:  Game of his life in this one, made multiple big plays and sacks, really showed up.  We will see if he can keep that up, sure he took advantage of the young South Carolina tackles but he did play well.

*Boubacar Traore Notre Dame RS FR DE:  Really impressive game by him, moves so well for a DE and provides a much needed pass rush for Notre Dame on the edge.  Kid looks like a standout athlete and could be a potential star down the road.

*Daylen Everette Georgia JR CB:  I thought for once DB could be an issue for Georgia but they just continue to reload.  Everette could be the next great one, outstanding length for the position, good poise on the field and very comfortable in lock down coverage.  Not sure he will declare this year or not quite yet, but he can play and has a few teammates who are also promising corners as well in Humphrey, Robinson and Aguero.  

Others who impressed:

Travis Hunter Colorado JR WR/CB

Keon Sabb Alabama RS SOPH S

Sam Pendleton Notre Dame RS FR OG

Andrew Mukuba Texas SR S

Emery Jones LSU JR OT

Caden Durham LSU FR RB

Kyren Lacy LSU RS SR WR

Jalon Walker Georgia JR DE/OLB

Deontae Lawson Alabama RS JR ILB

O'Donnell Fortune South Carolina RS SR CB

Zabien Brown Alabama FR CB

Aamil Wagner Notre Dame RS SOPH OT

James Burnip Alabama SR P

Seth Henigan Memphis SR QB

Max Klare Purdue RS SOPH TE

Jordan Renaud Alabama FR DE

Jadarian Price Notre Dame RS SOPH RB

Ty Bryant Kentucky SOPH S

D'Eryk Jackson Kentucky RS SR ILB

Disappointed:  Nyck Harbor South Carolina SOPH WR - He is just odd to me, I guess at least he caught the ball twice but for only a little gain.  Still for this apparent freak show athlete that is just super fast, he cannot even make the lineup half the time.  South Carolina, I have no clue the name of one WR on that team because they are not worth remembering.  They have no elite WR talents on that roster so for them to beat out Harbor and basically he comes off the bench?  And if the kid is this all world fast why not just run him down field and take a CB and maybe S with him every now and again?  Just seems strange to me, and they even talked about on the broadcast he has 99 speed and 99 acceleration on some college football video game.  No way that is true, I am sure on that video game he can put up big numbers, when in real life he has not over three games for South Carolina this season.  Maybe he is just that unaware of how to play football, maybe he is not tough enough, maybe he has that bad of footwork for a WR but still for a guy that is this crazy fast and is 6-5 235, how do you not make plays I have no clue.  Like I have said before the QBs are not helping him in any way, they are both pretty suspect so maybe that is the issue but even on a reverse or a quick screen, heck put him at RB if he is so fast...

Notes:

It is easy to hate on the Colorado football program, especially with the attention they get and not being able to win big last season and I have done it just like many others.  But against Colorado State for once that actually looked like a team and it starts and ends with the OL play and the DL play.  If they have OL play and protect Shedeur they will be able to do some things and become a legit football team.  Running the ball helps greatly even if it is only a little but protecting Shedeur is the most important.  If they can have a collective team around Shedeur and Travis Hunter it will look a lot different, and those two players are easily top 10 if not both top 5 players in college football and in the up coming NFL draft.  Travis Hunter should be the #1 or #2 pick in the draft and if he can stay healthy it is a wonder what he is doing and how many snaps he is playing.  Good for them, Shedeur brought in the OL for the post game interview to stand behind Travis Hunter and himself, showed character and will be interesting to watch them going forward.  Kansas State will be a big test on the road, but the next two weeks Baylor and UCF should be wins I would say for Colorado.  

Edited by Ozzy

• Ozzy changed the title to 2025 NFL Draft 7 Round ranking: (Edited 9/16/24) Prospect Standouts

Here is a list of players I have added to the 7 round mock draft since the start of the season, so basically three weeks of play and I guess week 0 as well.   They are players I originally did not have on the list or players I thought would not declare, only ones in that category of assuming they would not declare was Omarion Hampton and JaQuinden Jackson.  Some interesting talents but not a ton of movement in the higher end of the draft as of yet.  Most of these guys are mid to late round picks.

Omarion Hampton UNC JR RB   
Tommi Hill Nebraska SR CB      
Shemar Turner Texas A&M SR DT 
Connor Colby Iowa SR OG  
Sai'vion Jones LSU SR DE/DT 
Bihal Kone Western Michigan RS SR CB
Power Echols UNC SR OLB 
Debo Williams South Carolina RS SR LB 
DeMonte Capehart Clemson RS SR DT  
 Zion Childress Kentucky RS SR CB/S  
Jayden Higgins Iowa State SR WR
Kyren Lacy LSU RS SR WR  
JaQuinden Jackson Arkansas RS SR RB   
Ben Scott Nebraska RS SR C  
D'Eryk Jackson Kentucky RS SR ILB  
Jaylen Reed Penn State SR S  
Weston Franklin Georgia Tech SR C 
Alijah Huzzie UNC RS SR CB  
Bryce Benhart Nebraska RS SR OT 
Khris Bogle Michigan State RS SR OLB/DE
Hayden Large Iowa SR FB/HB
Taylor Poitier Kansas State RS SR OG  
Angelo Grose Michigan State RS SR CB  
Antario Brown Northern Illinois SR RB 
Turner Corcoran Nebraska SR OT/OG
Jack Bech TCU SR TE/HB/WR  
O'Donnell Fortune South Carolina RS SR CB  

These are the players I have removed from that list of potentially drafted players in the 2025 draft with the added prospects.  One on the list I feel might not declare is Salter, originally had him as a 3rd or 4th round pick but honestly with the NIL money it might be best for him to return, especially with the improved play of Ward on Miami and Howard on Ohio State, knocks Salter down and he could get a ton of money at a power 4 school in the 2025 season potentially or could return to Liberty again.  Also Trevor Etienne not sure he declares or not this year, depends on the season he has I guess.  

Jestin Jacobs Oregon RS SR LB  
CJ Dippre Alabama SR TE
Greedy Vance Jr USC RS SR CB
Mac McWilliams UAB RS SR CB
Tyler Van Dyke Wisconsin RS SR QB
Andrew Armstrong Arkansas RS SR WR
Carson Bruener Washington SR ILB
Triston Newson Missouri SR LB
Montrell Johnson Jr Florida SR RB
Teddy Prochazka Nebraska SR OT
Pat Bryant Illinois SR WR
Karene Reid Utah SR LB