2024 Draft Talk

8 hours ago, scar988 said:

From my understanding, Falcons staff took Newton off the board for medicals. 

He went the next pick, so the Commanders were obviously comfortable with his medicals. Time will tell if Ruke was the right pick, I’m certainly willing to have an open mind. 
Thing is, Terry has a ton of instances where he drafted probably the wrong player in the early rounds of the draft. Pitts over Chase, trading down for Grant over selecting Holland, Mayfield over Meinerz, London over Wilson, Andersen over Harris, Harrison over Diaby & Young, Bijan over Carter (hurts to say that because I absolutely love Bijan).

Terry doesn’t have the scapegoat of Smith being here anymore, he’s gotta start hitting some home runs on these early picks instead of doubles, singles, and strikeouts. Ruke over Newton is one of those picks that we can easily keep track of to see if even the common fan would have gotten that pick right over Terry

13 hours ago, SoCalDirtyBird said:

He went the next pick, so the Commanders were obviously comfortable with his medicals. Time will tell if Ruke was the right pick, I’m certainly willing to have an open mind. 
Thing is, Terry has a ton of instances where he drafted probably the wrong player in the early rounds of the draft. Pitts over Chase, trading down for Grant over selecting Holland, Mayfield over Meinerz, London over Wilson, Andersen over Harris, Harrison over Diaby & Young, Bijan over Carter (hurts to say that because I absolutely love Bijan).

Terry doesn’t have the scapegoat of Smith being here anymore, he’s gotta start hitting some home runs on these early picks instead of doubles, singles, and strikeouts. Ruke over Newton is one of those picks that we can easily keep track of to see if even the common fan would have gotten that pick right over Terry

I don't think Pitts over Chase was the wrong move. Nor do I think the trade down for Grant was bad either. Nor London over Wilson. Or Harrison over Diaby/Young. Or Bijan over Carter.