FF's Big Board #18

MaddHatter

Who is the 18th Best Prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the 18th Best Prospect in the 2024 NFL Draft?

• Amarius Mims
    • Cooper DeJean
    • Nate Wiggins
    • Chop Robinson
    • Byron Murphy
    • Graham Barton
    • Jackson Powers-Johnson
    • JC Latham
    • Tyler Guyton
    • Brian Thomas Jr.
    • Keon Coleman
    • Adonai Mitchell
    • Darius Robinson
    • JJ McCarthy

Here's where I start leaning towards JPJ.  His football IQ, ability to read defenses, call adjustments, etc all at an NFL level already, along with his positional versatility and his day 1 readiness make him hard to pass up here. 

2 hours ago, MaddHatter said:

Here's where I start leaning towards JPJ.  His football IQ, ability to read defenses, call adjustments, etc all at an NFL level already, along with his positional versatility and his day 1 readiness make him hard to pass up here. 

Murphy then JPJ is where I am

• Like 1

Oh lol there's already an 18 poll up.  I'm still voting on 17.

Anyway...same comment and vote as there i guess.

4-sided Coin flip between Barton, Brian Thomas Jr, Keon Coleman, Cooper DeJean for me.  Barton is first alphabetically.

2 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Oh lol there's already an 18 poll up.  I'm still voting on 17.

Anyway...same comment and vote as there i guess.

4-sided Coin flip between Barton, Brian Thomas Jr, Keon Coleman, Cooper DeJean for me.  Barton is first alphabetically.

You give me Barton or JPJ heads up, I’m going JPJ every time

2 minutes ago, MaddHatter said:

You give me Barton or JPJ heads up, I’m going JPJ every time

I'm just not aboard the JPJ hype train tbh.  He's a good prospect, but his mauling sort of flashy stuff feels like it's doing a lot of work for him or something.  Where he climbs to the second level and just murders some smol defender.  He's got a lot of weird stuff where he seems to duck his head and shoulders into contact that's going to get him whiffing as a Pro potentially.  And things where he just sort of wrestles a guy to the ground from the side/behind that'll get him flagged.  Kind of weird system too, that isn't going to be directly applicable to everyone at the Pro level.  He's still a good prospect, but i'm not sold on him being this bulletproof elite center at the next level.  I think he's got some actual bust potential.  There's some stuff about him that unfortunately reminds me of Will Hernandez that i can't quite shake.

He's OC3 for me, behind Barton and Frazier, and not that far ahead of Puni and Van Pran.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I'm just not aboard the JPJ hype train tbh.  He's a good prospect, but his mauling sort of flashy stuff feels like it's doing a lot of work for him or something.  Where he climbs to the second level and just murders some smol defender.  He's got a lot of weird stuff where he seems to duck his head and shoulders into contact that's going to get him whiffing as a Pro potentially.  And things where he just sort of wrestles a guy to the ground from the side/behind that'll get him flagged.  Kind of weird system too, that isn't going to be directly applicable to everyone at the Pro level.  He's still a good prospect, but i'm not sold on him being this bulletproof elite center at the next level.  I think he's got some actual bust potential.  There's some stuff about him that unfortunately reminds me of Will Hernandez that i can't quite shake.

He's OC3 for me, behind Barton and Frazier, and not that far ahead of Puni and Van Pran.

How you gonna hate on Turd Ferguson like that? Haha