Round 7, Pick 247: DT Marcus Harris

Marcus Harris - Football - Auburn University Athletics

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/marcus-harris/32004841-5247-4674-4622-c639bfe2198a

Overview

Playmaking interior lineman who makes up for his lack of size with quickness and instincts. Harris punches above his weight class in the strength department, utilizing upper-body power and lower-body balance to fight the good fight. He'll get moved around by bigger bodies, but he's relentless and has the athleticism to find his way back into plays. He has skilled hands and the lateral quickness to dive into gaps as both a run defender and pass rusher. Harris' best chance to succeed will be as a one-gapper in an even front where he can become a very good rotational defender or eventual starter.

6 minutes ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Somewhat disappointed we waited until the end of Day 3 to address this position. I expect us to sign a defensive tackle after teams start cutting down to 53.

This might be a hot take, but I wouldnt be shocked if Harris ends up starting for us by the end of the season assuming we dont address DT after teams make their cuts.  He went 2 rounds later than he was projected.  

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

This might be a hot take, but I wouldnt be shocked if Harris ends up starting for us by the end of the season assuming we dont address DT after teams make their cuts.  He went 2 rounds later than he was projected.  

1 hour ago, PAtexansFAN_99 said:

Somewhat disappointed we waited until the end of Day 3 to address this position. I expect us to sign a defensive tackle after teams start cutting down to 53.

I am wondering if  

A: The draft just fell a certain way and we werent able to get a DT
B: We really are ok with what we have at DT
C We really believe a late round pick or a post pre season pick up is a good option. 

• Like 2