Chiefs WR Rashee Rice under investigation for hitting photographer

14 hours ago, HoboRocket said:

CeeDee Lamb led the league in YAC with 680 yards. Brian Robinson Jr led the league in YAC/reception with 11.4. Rashee Rice was 13th in that category.

And Puke is the one who broke the all time rookie receptions record with 105. Rashee Rice is 14th in that category.

So Rice still had a promising rookie season, but he's not near top of the league.

Rashee was 3rd in the league in YaC to end the season at 654 yards, so that was my mistake. He was second for most of the year till the end. Just going by total yards here. 

I also meant post-season receptions, I dont know why that part got deleted. He obviously didn’t break the regular season record, but certainly broke the playoff record 

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, adamq said:

He was spammed a ton of targets because he was the only decent WR on the roster. Tied for the most screen targets in the league. Lowest ADoT among WRs with 100+ targets since 2010. 

Here is his success rate by route coming out of college. Andy spammed the only thing Rice was good at, and now that they have at least one or two more competent WRs in the building, his role will lessen

FtmXUOTaQAkHRmG?format=jpg&name=medium

Mahomes won’t spam you the ball unless you’re worth it. Point blank period.   You gotta be better than decent and have built in trust to get constant targets from the big dawg. Rashee Rice is better than decent, at least he was before the offseason baggage. I really don’t give two poops about his route tree, it’s about winning games and championships, and Rice has role to play in that. It ain’t about who’s the best at playing WR in KC, we got no time for that

Chiefs will still need a YAC guy, this offense is still based on the WCO. Hollywood really ain’t it in that department, Trav ain’t got quite the wheels anymore and Xavier is a complete unknown. Depending on the suspension I still see a ton of targets going his way. 

Edited by Chiefer

Rice has obvious YAC ability, but you kind of can’t ignore the role playing a part, either. 

Among the top 50 players in YAC (yes, that’s cherry-picked but not out of spite, it’s out of laziness), only one wide receiver had a lower ADOT than 5.0 yards - it was Rice. None were lower than 6 either. Tight ends were generally in that range (Kelce was at 6.7), with RBs being closer to -1 to 1, while most WRs were closer to 10+. 

I think Andy’s cool with Rice in that niche, FWIW. Closer to a gadget, “get the ball in his hands”, free him up, kind of guy than a true WR. But that’s fine for KC. 

They’ll probably be fine with Worthy in that role during his suspension, or perhaps Toney gets a redemption opportunity.