Bye
TB W
@Dal L
NO W
Bal L
@ATL L
IND W
@Phi L

7-10 and being kind of generous with the Min, TB, NO, and IND wins... middle of the pack draft pick so we can't get a franchise QB in the draft. So we either open the check book for Dak or ride DJ for another sub .500 season.... yay

I think Nabers will have a hell of a season and will be in the discussion for ROTY and Tibs just might come close to 20 sacks but without a legit QB we're going to continue to spin our wheels and get nowhere. DJ just ain't it and he'll prove it again this year... or get injured and we pay him 25M for the injury clause... yay

Edited by Shockwave

On 5/15/2024 at 6:26 PM, Shockwave said:

7-10 and being kind of generous with the Min, TB, NO, and IND wins... middle of the pack draft pick so we can't get a franchise QB in the draft.

If the Vikings start their rookie you are not being generous with them and what is there to fear about the Colts? While we are at it what is there to fear about the Falcons? I am also not going to count the Seahawks as an automatic loss, two seasons ago it was special teams that cost us that game against them, and last year our offensive line was in shambles when we played them. With an improved offensive line and improved weapons, I think we will be a serious contender for that last wildcard spot.

I do agree we are in QB purgatory, last season was our window to win just 3 or 4 games and have the 2nd pick in the draft, we blew it. Might be another decade before we get a window to draft a franchise QB again. 

On 5/17/2024 at 1:45 PM, Go_Giants said:

If the Vikings start their rookie you are not being generous with them and what is there to fear about the Colts? While we are at it what is there to fear about the Falcons? I am also not going to count the Seahawks as an automatic loss, two seasons ago it was special teams that cost us that game against them, and last year our offensive line was in shambles when we played them. With an improved offensive line and improved weapons, I think we will be a serious contender for that last wildcard spot.

I do agree we are in QB purgatory, last season was our window to win just 3 or 4 games and have the 2nd pick in the draft, we blew it. Might be another decade before we get a window to draft a franchise QB again. 

Honestly... I fear the Vikings with JJ at the helm more then I do Darnold. And they still have JJ, Hock, Addison and now Aaron Jones. Still a very talented and explosive offense. I think Gmen pull out a win but it's not a given.
Colts with a healthy trio of Richardson, Taylor and Pittman? Yea I fear that offense. They won 9 games with Minshew if Richardson stays healthy they could be a good team. But being that the game is so late in the season who knows what state either roster will be in by that point.
Falcons? Are you serious? Bihan, London, Pitts, Moore and now with Cousins over there slinging it? I would be surprised if they are not a top 5 offense this season. 

Listen when you are a team who only put up a paltry 266 points and gave up 407 it's hard to be confident that you can beat anybody. 

That being said.. I do think the Oline will improve because... how could it possibly be any worse? The defense should be better. Nabers should help offset the loss of SB. And if Jones can somehow return to 2022 form... yes we could be in contention. I did officially predict 7-10 which is technically an improvement.